Chapter 25: The Secret Behind His Eyes

Chapter 25:

The sun shone brightly in my room, through the curtains. I was tired, not just physically but mentally. He has officially destroyed me. And I feel like any feeling I've had for him, is nothing but dust in the air.

I was totally leaving.

Standing up on my two feet, my belly already beginning to protrude, I walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

Standing under the hot, running water I relaxed as I put my mind into action. Sure it wasn't safe to be pregnant and or give birth away from Your mate, but even though I love my child more than anything, my emotional, mental and physical state can't be this way if I wanna have him or her.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out, feeling fresh and more ready than ever.

I dressed comfortably in track pants and a white baggy t-shirt, as I wore some comfortable shoes. Grabbing a few clothes, I packed them in a back pack and placed the bag aside. As soon as evening came, when Zander was out along with the stupid maids, I'll make my escape.

No more looking back Irene. It's either your happiness or your road to doom.

I tied my hair going downstairs to eat breakfast. No more cooping up in the room to portray I was weak. I'm done with it all.

I came to the breakfast table where Zander sat beside Brandon. I took a chair at the far end, neither of us sharing a word to one another. Brandon cleared his throat getting my attention and smiled at me. I nodded returning his gesture as my food was placed in front of me and we dug in.

When we were done, I stood up and made my way to the front door.

"where are you going?" Zander questioned, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I need to take a walk and loosen up a little. I feel sick and detained like a prisoner in a prison cell, so I wanna free myself a little." I told him, my voice holding no emotion as I spoke.

"But you're pregnant, what if you fall? Or get hurt? Or faint in the middle of the woods, then what?" he asked, his voice as cold as ice.

We both stared at each other, with void eyes. I wasn't backing down from this. It's not like he cared before, so why care now.

"If I fall or Faint that's my business. It's not like you cared before so don't pretend like you care now." I spat at him.

"Very well Irene. By all means put yourself and our child in danger." he said, as he walked away from me.

Not gonna lie, it hurt, but I'm gonna get over all of this once I leave. I let out an irritated sight, and opened the door walking out. I walked down the path away from his house, heading straight for the forest down ahead a few miles.

I needed to find my escape route, and I had to do it now I'd I wanted to leave this heartbreaking place.

I walled for 2 hours straight wandering further and further away from the house, yet there was no route in the woods. Did they only have a pathway on the roads?! I let out a sigh of frustration as I continued to walk.

My aching feet hurting more as the seconds passed. I can't back down now. Reaching nowhere, I decided to sit on a Boulder to relax my aching feet.

After a couple minute break, I continued to walk for about another hour, getting nowhere. Letting out yet another sigh, I turned around making my way back to the house of course my idiocy not knowing where I am.

Trying to sniff my scent to back track my steps, my little omega nose couldn't detect anything. Why couldn't I have been born a tracker?!

I took a deep breath, just walking wherever, I couldn't be that lost, I'd probably find my way back. I continued my long walk, getting nowhere and screaming in frustration as my feet ached continuously.

I took a seat in the forest ground, playing with the leaves that layered it. In the silence of the forest, my mind began to wander to thoughts. Scenarios. Situations that could have been different, if only he gave it a try.

Why would he put me in that situation. Only hurting me, would hurt him more.

A second to an alpha, that's already loved. What blasphemy.

If his first mate hadn't died, we wouldn't have been in this situation. Yet something in his eyes tell me, there's more to his story than he's letting on.

His eyes are scared, yet void. He looks at me as if I had betrayed him. Why? I wasn't gonna stick around to find out. I was going to leave, and I was going to leave tonight.

Minutes passed by as I stood up once again, only to hear the a stick snapping behind me. My eyes widened as I realized.

I wasn't on pack territory anymore.

*******************

Ehhhhhh? What? What just happened? And been long guys!

What do you think is going to happen?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama