Chapter 63 - Jormungand

"Get off of me!" Leo growled and elbowed me away.

"Leo, it's not-"

"Hey Leo, I know exactly how you feel," Lux spoke up.

She got up from the couch and strolled over to us.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Leo huffed and turned away from her.

"I watched my dad beat Stryder to the ground every day after my mom died. Not only did I watch, I did things to get him to get beat. And I enjoyed watching him suffer." She kneeled down to Leo but he refused to look at her. "I was bitter, I was hurt, and I was jealous. Can you relate to that at all?"

He sighed.

"I always wondered what it was like to be as innocent as him. Someone who could still see the good in the world even after they suffered. No matter how hard I tried, I wasn't a good person. I was always more like dad, and he was always more like mom."

Lux moved her hand out and ruffled Leo's head.

"What the hell are you-!"

"And that's okay."

Leo smacked her hand away.

"How is that okay!?"

"I looked up to my mom just like you looked up to yours. It doesn't make you a monster because you're different. You're just you, and that's okay. I'm bolder and aggressive just like my dad is. But that doesn't make me him, and my mom didn't love me any less for it. Be honest with me, do you think your mom had favorites?"

He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. Then he sighed.

"She wasn't that type of person." He mumbled.

"Exactly, and neither was my mom. So don't be afraid to embrace who you are. Once you do that, that's when you can really make a change to be who you want to be. Jack helped me embrace who I am, and now. I think I'm ready to face the world, without a mask. You should wait on judging your brother until you get that mask off."

"I see, that puts some things into perspective for me." I could see his cheeks turning red. "Thanks for that."

Lux snickered.

"Of course, us in the bad sibling club have to stick together right?"

The bad siblings club...?

"I suppose." Leo said with a smirk.

"Lux, I'm glad you got things figured out." I spoke up, which made Lux jump.

She chuckled and scratched the back of her head.

"Yeah, well Jacks been really good for me, ya know?"

"No, he's not the one facing the issues head on. That's all you, give yourself credit." I stood up and walked over to her, and she did the same."Don't forget that I love you. As far as I see it, you're the best sister anyone can ask for."

Lux's cheeks turned red and she looked away.

"Well I have a long way to go before I agree to that. But thank you. I love you too, Mr. Grown man." She chuckled.

"This doesn't change what I said before though." Leo said as he stood up. "I still don't think we can reason with Elo."

I turned to him.

"I understand, however, that doesn't change how I feel." I looked over to Rushon. "He believed he deserved a chance at redemption. So I'm going to do whatever it takes to give him a chance to see the sky in Rushons place."