Chapter 64 - A falling star

With all my might I kicked Jormungand up into the sky! Then I rocketed myself up at him and rammed my fist into his face. He went flying back and I started to fall back down. I abruptly stopped falling and landed on something. When I looked down and I noticed I was standing on air. A smile tugged at my lips and I turned back toward Jormungand.

The sound of broken glass echoed beneath me as I launched myself at Jormungand. He was spinning around in the air like a rag doll, and I came in and slammed my fist into his face again. He flew and I landed on the air again, then immediately chased after him. 

There wasn't any thought to it, I just left my fate in Zack's hands and kept attacking. I didn't care if he's supposed to be immortal. I didn't care if there's no way we could win! I'll make sure to break him so he can never move again!

I came around this time and snagged his arm. I squeezed it with all my strength and tried to break it. Then I spun around in the air and threw him at a building. Well, technically I threw him through the building. He blasted through the wall and came out on the other side. I went to follow up, but I stopped on the solid air when Zack popped up behind him. 

A gigantic vine shot up from the ground and snatched Jormungand up, and flung him toward Zack. Who blasted himself forward and slammed his arm into Jormungand. A huge explosion went off that bathed the sky in emerald flares. 

I followed Zacks lead and rocketed myself at the flying Jormungand, and rammed my fist into his back. His body flew and clipped the corner of a building, and I quickly launched myself back at him. 

Zack blasted himself beside me and we both went in screaming. When we got close, an angelic ray beamed off of Jormungand. I summoned armor over my body and prepared for the worst. 

The wind picked up and I lost all my momentum, and it sent me flying back like an explosion! I crashed onto a roof top and started rolling until I hit the ledge. I took a moment to breathe, and that's when the vice grip on my arms tightened. Sweat ran down my face, and my whole body burned! My insides were getting roasted!

I started panting, but I forced myself back up. This was fine, even if every part of me melts away, that's fine. I'm not gonna let this guy hurt anyone anymore.

The shining ray's slowly began to fade, and a shiver ran down my spine. My mind went to mush and I stared at Jormungand's new form, he turned into a dragon!

His golden scales glittered like a polished gem, and his body towered over me like I was an ant in the grass.

"You think I give a damn that you digivolved!?" Zack roared.

He stood up and held his hand out to him, and sent a gigantic fireball his way . Right, right! Who gives a damn how big he is!?

I activated my strength and embraced the pain, then launched myself up at him. I zoomed past the fire ball and punched Jormungand with all I had. My armor shattered on contact like I was hitting concrete. The worst part was he barely moved this time. 

I dropped down as the fireball came in and landed on the air below. The green hell fire crashed into Jormungand's face and enveloped his body, but he didn't seem to move. I launched myself back up and uppercutted him. His head flew back and he staggered. 

Then something snagged my ankle and flung me away. I looked down and saw  Zack’s vines, the vine threw me back and I saw Jormungand's gigantic spiky tail swinging where I was. I adjusted myself in the air and eventually slid on the solid air below me. 

"Stryder you cracked his scales on your first strike." Zack called out from behind. 

I didn't rest this time, I kept my strength going. I knew if I stopped now I'd just collapse.