Chapter 85 - Zack's curse

"What did you say about my mom!"

"I said she ugly! Like you!"

"We have the same mom and face, dick breath!"

"Who you calling dick breath!"

I can't believe my clones have only been out for five minutes, and they're already starting a turf war...

"Zack, it amazes me you've managed to get anything done, ever," Jack mumbled.

"Shut it! Those stupid witches gave me a defective power!" I grumbled. "Probably because they knew I'd be unstoppable."

Jack rolled his eyes and put his hand to his chin.

"I'm glad we came to the island, this might get a little messy..." Jack sighed and walked forward. "So explain how they work again."

I groaned.

"They're emotion-based, they take on a physical representation of my feelings. My spells are also limited for some reason."

"What do you mean?"

"The angry ones are the only ones who can use fire, the sad ones can use the vines, the happy ones can use wind. I haven't found one that can use the place switcher mark yet. Or as I like to call it, switch."

Jack smirked and nodded.

"So much better than Stryders names." Jack chuckled.

"I know right! That idiot tried to call his strength move Lancelot."

"I know! It Sounds so stupid." Jack laughed. "Anyways, you're not like Stryder and need to know your limits. You need to understand your abilities better individually."

"Gimme your shoes nerd!"

"Screw off Harry Potter!"

My clones roared. Sparks of green erupted from behind us, and tremors shook the ground. But I just tried to ignore it.

"What do you mean exactly!?" I yelled over the clones.

Jack glanced over at them and held out his hand. A huge blizzard exploded from his palms, and within seconds they were all frozen.

"Well, you're really good when it comes to combos and tricks. So you've spent a lot of time trying your abilities together. However, I think you'd gain a lot from using each individual ability more diversely. For example, did you notice your clones are hotter than you?"

I squinted at him, was this freak coming onto me!? Wait, did he just roast the original!?

"We have the same face numb n-"

Jack immediately flicked my head and sent a shiver down my spine.

"Ahhh! W-what was that for?" I grumbled.

"I'm not talking about your face, and for the record, you're ugly and you smell."

"Hey! You wanna go fr-"

"Listen! I'm sensitive to fire abilities. I have an easy sense for heat levels. I've noticed your clone's fireballs are usually more intense than yours. Either they're pumping more manna into it because they only have one spell, or their spells are just more intense than yours."

I never noticed that, could I have noticed that?

"So heat detector, how do we figure out which one it is?"

"Easy! You piss off one of the clones and bait him into using his fireball, then you use a full-powered one. Then we see how they collide."

"Do you want me to die!?"