Chapter 35 - The black Knight

It was at this moment, I thought I was gonna die.

Upon the horizon, a small island came into view. And that island looked like something that was taken straight out of a horror movie. As we got closer we could see the destroyed remnants of a broken dock. We could even make out some heavy work machinery. It looked like it hadn't been touched in decades.

"What's with all these abandoned places I've never seen before!?" Zack said as he looked skeptically at the island.

"Your hometown has a lot of these. Even the place we left was made for the industrial age. People would take the ferry over to this island to work at the factories. However, as child labor became more of a public issue they lost a lot of workers. They were also losing revenue due to better competitors. Which ultimately led to this area's demise." Leo said as he walked over to us

The island looked like the setting for a zombie apocalypse or something. Like the people just vanished from here.

"Why do you know that?" Zack asked as we pulled up to the island

"I like to be educated on my surroundings if possible. Ignorance is nothing more than a chosen weakness, and I refuse to be weak." He said right before he leaped over the railing and landed on the ground below

"Freaking lizard breath.." Zack grumbled.

He jumped up onto the air and walked down it like stairs onto the island.

I just shook my head and jumped onto the railing and looked over the island. The place was filled with old crumbling buildings and construction items. The ground below me wasn't sand, but broken black concrete. This place really must've been all business...

I leaped off the ledge and landed on the ground. Leo was walking ahead and examining the area, while Zack stood above me on the sky looking over the ship.

"Yahoo~!" I heard Elizabeth cheer as he flew above us all, spinning around in the sky with a huge smile plastered on her face.

She squealed happily as she slowly descended down next to me.

"Oolroight! Isabella wawn rawck, puypah, sciccors. So she gets fuhst crack at the bloke!" Elizabeth chimed.

"Oroka.." Weis grumbled.

"Ooh, the chivilirish Stryder has to hit a woman." Zack chuckled above us.

I just rolled my eyes.

"A fighter is a fighter," I replied. "As long as she's okay with it."

"I appreciate it!" Isabella called out from above.

She landed across from me, with a whole lot more force! The dust from the ground rose around her. And it just dawned on me. I spent this whole time talking to Elizabeth, and I semi fought Weislung. But I knew practically nothing about Isabella.

I looked her over from head to toe. Her armor looked heavy, but why was it black? Does that mean it was enchanted? Or was it just an aesthetic? And those red eyes...

If I had to make an assumption. I'd say she had to be able to manifest her weapon. Since Wieslung and Elizabeth have their swords on them. I can guess she probably has to summon like me. Which doesn't necessarily help analyze any specifics on what it does.. From the jump I can tell she's a powerhouse too.

Hmmm, if I rush her, maybe I can stop her from manifesting weapons. I can use my eyes and my speed to focus solely on the attack.

"Well let's meet in the middle and face off," Isabella said as she walked off toward the center of the city.