Chapter 30 - The knight and the Dragon

The police soon came by and took our report. It was kinda hard to describe the guy. I mean, I basically saw a blonde lizard man. He also asked me if he had any weapons on him. What was I supposed to say to that? Yeah he's got really sharp teeth and I think he can breath fire? I just said a blonde kid with a knife attacked me.

After the police left I stayed with Valentina for a while. She was pretty nervous about staying home alone. So we sat on the couch and watched Star Wars while we waited for her dad to get home. I listened to her nerd out over lightsabers and the Jedi for a while. Trying my best to let her calm her nerves.

I was starting to wonder if I could make a lightsaber...

"I'm surprised you've never seen A New Hope before. It's a classic!"

"I was never really into sci-fi. But I'm actually really liking this."

Valentina patted my shoulder.

"Well next time you visit me in the night, we can watch more."

I reached down and took a handful of popcorn. As soon as I got the chance I needed to go get Jack. This lizard kid was worrying me. I wondered if he was one of the people Jack was warning me about. I hope he didn't attack anyone else...

The door abruptly swung open and a man ran into the house. Vals face lit up with excitement. The man was in a white button up shirt with blue slacks. He had short brown hair that was neatly cut like a military man.

"Oh thank God you're alright!" The man exhaled.

Valentina shot up in excitement and ran over to the man and tackled him in a hug.

"Of course I'm fine dad!" She cheered as she fell into his embrace.

"Oh dad, this is Stryder! He protected me from the assailant tonight." Valentina chimed as she slowly let go of her dad.

I quickly stood up and stepped toward the dad.

"H-hello my names stryker, I mean Stryder!" I corrected..

I didn't think I would be this nervous. But my mind was going a mile a minute, and my heart was pounding. I wondered what he thought of me, if he blamed me for the attack? Did he think I was a thirsty kid going after his daughter? Was staying here with her even a wise decision? Man having a mask on made life so much easier...

"Thank you so much Stryder." He said quickly as he reached out his hand to me.

I hesitated at first, but then I quickly shook his hand.

"I didn't do much sir. I'm just glad I was fast enough to get her away safely."

We were still shaking hands. I was so wrapped in my thoughts I didn't even notice he stopped shaking. I quickly let go.

"S-sorry about that."

Valentina chuckled a bit.

"You can relax, I know he looks all mean and grumpy. But he's like an old teddy bear."

"W-well I should be going. My sister's probably worried sick." I said quickly as I slowly moved to the door.

"R-right, well I appreciate what you did for my daughter. You should come by for dinner one of these days so I can properly thank you." The dad said.

"You don't have to do that." I began to relax some. "But I'd love to come over regardless. See ya! Thanks for the help by the way Val!"

With that I quickly slide out and shut the door behind me. Then I booked it home!

Gift of the Goddessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें