Chapter 22- Leap of faith

I smirked and grabbed onto the vines on either side of me, as soon as I grabbed ahold of them. I was flung forward right at Jack! He turned around with a rather astonished look on his face. He really didn't see this coming!

"Take this frost!" I roared as I got closer.

I activated my super strength and donkey kicked him straight in his chest. The vines kept pulling me forward with tremendous speed like I was riding on a roller coaster! And I carried Jack right along with us. As we flew, I saw a huge green flare flash around us. I was startled by it, Zack? What else was he doing?

I let go of the vines and kicked off Jack, doing a backflip and landing on my feet.

I was surprised to see Zack in midair above Jack, he was upside down and was seemingly falling. Jack was trying to stand up, but he was clearly fatigued. I summoned a war hammer quickly and charged in.

Zack had his hands held sideways in front of him. He clapped his hands together and vines shot out from the ground around Jack, insaring him like a snake. Then the vines suddenly burst into flames. Regular colored flames for some reason. I could see steam coming off Jack like he was trying to protect himself from the fire with ice.

"What did you do!?" I heard Jack wail from the vines as I got closer.

"Can't teleport to ice that's been melted can you!?" Zack yelled back with a cocky smirk.

He used his fire to rotate himself back onto his feet.

I came up behind Jack quickly and activated my super strength. Then I rammed my war hammer into him and sent him flying with the vines! I stopped and started panting intently. While Zack cheered proudly.

"That'll teach that frostbitten los-"

"Don't get cocky! Don't forget all his physical traits are enhanced!" I roared.

"What's that got to do with slamming him with a hammer-like Thor!" He hollered back.

"You idiot! Think about it! If his physical stats are so high, how high do you think his durability is? I kicked him in the chest so hard I could break concrete walls, yet he could still talk like nothing happened. Plus he didn't seem slightly bothered by anything. We did nothing but stale him"

"Geez Stryder, you sure know how to make a girl feel special." Zack sighed.

"I'm just saying we need to focus on the task at hand and not let up. Let's actually make a plan." I suggested as Zack groaned.

"Fine!" Zack groaned again. "I guess you gotta plan already don't you."

I smirked and dispelled my hammer.

"If you think you can handle it." I chuckled.

...

I looked back down from the side of the mountain, the area was huge! I couldn't even see Zack anymore. The only sight I had was a sea of trees. I was hesitant to keep going, I was a little skeptical if this was gonna work. But I had to put my faith into Zack, and keep my faith in myself. We were gonna beat this guy.

I used my super strength and leaped up the mountain, I had summoned armor that would help me dig into the rocky terrain. I looked up above me, the snowflake was still floating near the top. My role was to get the snowflake, while Zacks was to distract him.

I could see smoke slowly consuming the forest, soon seeping out above the trees. It looks like it's gotten started.

He re-summoned Bean and shapeshifted him to be about my height and build. The idea is, Jack won't be able to see it's not me, nor see me climbing up the mountain due to the smoke. Jack lost almost all of his ice, so he's lost a whole lot of mobility. So as long as Zack can play a good game of tag, we should be fine.

I climbed and leapt up the mountain, occasionally looking back at the smoke filled forest. I could hear and see huge green explosions coming from below.

I was mesmerized by the sight, I wondered if this was what war was like. It looked like bombs exploding. I never really thought about this, but we really are dangerous. To think there are more people like Jack out there.....more people like Zack... I shook my head and moved that thought to the back of my mind. I needed to focus. One slip up and It's all over.

As I was about at the top, I heard a huge explosion. One bigger than all the others. I stopped and looked back at the smoke, and I was astonished at the sight before me.

The smoke was being pushed away by what looked to be some kind of snowstorm. In the middle of the forest was a gigantic pillar of green fire. Crap! The gig was up! I needed to hurry!

I leaped up harder than before, taking the risk chance falling. Zack was given his all right now, so I need to be too!

I kept climbing and climbing, I could see the top on the horizon. Just when I was about to reach it, the rocks exploded under me. A huge ice shard shot out from the mountainside. I was flung into the air along with the rocks, scattered to the wind. No way! He thought ahead and planted ice up here!?

I was in midair, the snowflake right above me. I quickly summoned and chain flung it at a rock. I yanked myself forward toward it. As soon as my feet made contact with the rock, I used my super strength and launched myself up at the snowflake with all my might, feeling the rock shatter underneath my feet.

I could barely open my eyes against the wind, my heart was racing intently. I needed to reach it! I needed to get it! Or else everything Zack did was pointless!

I reached my hand out to the snowflake as I got closer and closer. The wind in my eyes was making it almost impossible to look. But I managed to keep an eye on it. But, just when I thought I was gonna make it. My momentum stopped.

No! No! No! No! I panicked, this couldn't be happening. I was so close!

I started to fall back down to the ground, slowly at first, then faster and faster until I was like a falling star. I squinted looking down, I needed another rock. I could sling my chain at it, and try again. Maybe even get back on the mount-.

I stopped thinking. There was a shining green light shooting up at me. It was getting closer and closer. That's when it clicked, just who this was. I couldn't help but smile. As we drew closer, I could see a smug look on his face. And I knew exactly what he was thinking.

As Zack came upon me, I summoned some fire resistant boots, turning myself so I was pointing downward like a rocket. Zack shot up and spun around, slamming his feet into mine. I could feel Zack keeping us steady as we kept falling. He was using his fire from his hands to keep us balanced. His vines were coming from his body, connecting my legs to his. Then I started feeling a warm bubbling sensation below my feet.

"It's all you," Zack said.

"Right," I replied.

Then, I felt this explosion erupt under my feet! Hurling me up toward the sky! I reached out my hand high for it. This was it!

But, all my adrenaline stopped. I felt something grab my ankle. I quickly looked back and I could see Jack grabbing me. He flung me down, and he rose up ahead of me. No! I wasn't gonna lose dammit!

I summoned a chain and hooked it onto his ankle, I flung him down with all my might. As he came down to me I aimed to knock his lights out. As I swung, however, it was like I hit the air. Did he teleport again? I decided to forget it and looked back to the snowflake. Which to my surprise had gotten closer to me.

I focused on it, and as soon as I got close enough, I snatched it.

Then everything went blue? Yes, not black or white. Everything went blue. It was like I was in water. I felt cold, but it was the comforting type of cold. Then it hit me, it was the same feeling I had when I finished fighting stone. Minus the Goddesses talk.

Did he use some ice illusions on me? Did I fall into his ice? Or did we really win? And if we won...why am I here!?