Chapter 43 - The Flying Dutchman

"So Leo, what can you tell me about Lizbeth?"

I relaxed on beans back, moving my arms behind my head as I looked up at the clouds above us. Bean had molded his back into having rough walls around it, kind of like a boat. The walls were white and smooth to the touch. It reminded me of an armadillo shell.

I looked over to Leo who had his hands folded in the corner. His eyes were closed and he seemed to be thinking. He took a breath, letting a small flare fall out from his mouth. He then opened his eyes and looked into mine. Giving me a very serious look.

"I'm not gonna tell you anything." He said firmly.

I sat up rather quickly and stared at him.

"What!? Why not!?"

"Don't worry about it." He said dismissively. "I have my reasons."

"Still a little douche huh pretty boy?" Zack sighed from atop Bean's head.

I groaned and stared at Leo. Who gave me a rather plain stare back, until he closed his eyes again. Not saying another word. I sighed and laid back on Bean. Well, that confirms that there's something up with Elizabeth. But what could it be?

"Yah taell me whaen the blood wahshes off than hero! Yah taell me whaen yah cahn look yoahsself in the mirrah aguyn and nawt say a mawnstah!"

A monster? She was so sweet, what could she be feeling so guilty over. Actually come to think of it. She did silence Leo when he was trying to tell me something about her, what did he call her again? A Siren? I moved my thumb to my face and started chewing on my nail. I wonder what that means. Sirens are known to lure men at sea to there deaths right?

So let's lay everything out in front of me. She's known as the Siren, every time I've shown mercy today she was shocked. And she asked me when does the blood wash off, and when can you look at yourself again. She even called herself a monster, plus she told me that she was really poor back home. Looking at this just for what it is, I'd say she feels guilty for someone she killed. There's also the chance that she wanted to kill me. Sirens are known to kill men, so maybe I was on her list. Then again she had a good chance to do this earlier. That is, unless she knew Alexis and Valentina were there. No, that freak out she had. I doubt she'd be like that if she knew people were watching...

Well the real question is, what will I do with this information. I was literally just a flight away from our fight. And if I don't go all in, Lux was gonna die. I sighed.

"Why is my life like this.."

"If you're wondering why you were blessed with a harem of women while I'm not. I'd like to know that answer myself." Zack grumbled.

I sighed.

"Why can't you be getting challenged by swordsmen?" I muttered.

"Hey, if fighting some lame swordsman means I can swim in a sea of babes, then it's totally worth it. Besides, if it were me, I would've clapped them already. I'd walk up for a handshake, and then, pocket sword!" Zack cheered.

"Pocket sword?" I asked.

"No, wait! FINGER BLADES! Wait no, no sword breath!" Zack snickered.

"To think some goddess thought it was a bright idea to make you conjure fire..." I huffed.

"She just knew how hot I was," Zack said smugly.

"More like how full of hot air you are..."

"You two.." Leo grumbled.

"I know you're not talking when you're body's built like Bowser Jr."

Leo groaned.

"I don't even know who that is.."