Chapter 24- Melted wings pt.1

"What do you mean by that!?" I demanded.

"I mean that Icarus is in serious trouble! Rex has managed to climb within the top ten of the S ranking threats in the same amount of time you and Zack have been playing hero!" Jack yelled back as his voice cracked.

I was taken back by this. The calm cool and collected Jack was panicking. That alone spoke volumes about how much danger Icarus was in.

"Your telling me snow white over here is that strong!?" Zack squealed from the couch. "Pfft icarus is finna get clapped.."

I heard Jack growl as Zack said that.

I looked back toward the screen , I could see Icarus facing off against Rex. The visual zoomed in on them both , his face still blurred out to the camera. Rex with a calm smirk on his face, his white hair flowing in the desert breeze.

"Rex, it's not like you to do something like this! Just surrender, you know this isn't right." Icarus spoke in a very robotic and staticky voice.

Whatever was assisting him was changing it.

"I understand, but regardless, if you want to stop me. Then come!" Rex roared out to Icarus.

He was confident in his tone, one might even say proud. He had the type of voice you imagine a captain to have. Someone who you trust to lead your troops.

Then a screen popped out in front of me! It was a light blue holographic screen. It was as big as one of my math textbooks. It had the words. 'Accept challenge?' written on it, and the words yes, and no under it. But the word no was whited out. I turned over to Zack, and Jack. They had the same screen appearing in front of them.

Jack immediately pressed yes, over and over again. But, nothing happened.

"What the hell!" Jack roared.

Still ramming the yes button.

"I don't think we can click it until Icarus's match is up." Zack called out.

I attempted to tap the yes button, the screen felt like cold glass on contact.

Then I felt my stomach churn, as nothing happened. I looked back toward the screen, rage building up in me.

"I guess we just have to hope Icarus doesn't lose." I said between gritted teeth.

"Umm, what are you talking about?" My sister asked.

But I was too frustrated to even respond.

These Goddesses...treating us all like were some toys!

I looked back to the screen and saw Icarus charging in at Rex. The view panded out showing icarus leaping into the air, a huge gust of wind shooting off from his feet. He was at least a story high, right before he rocketed himself down at rex, spinning forward and coming out into an axe kick.

Rex leaped back as Icarus crashed down, the air seemingly cushioning his landing as he crashed like a meteor in front of him. The wind picked up and swirled around him, the dirt and dust from the desert floor began to cover the area. Our visual was quickly lost as Icarus bolted forward into the smoke after Rex.

We all were on the edge of our seats, as it grew silent

Then out of nowhere a pure white beam shot out from the dust cloud!

The dust around the beam began to disperse as we got a visual of Icarus. Rex was shooting beam after beam at him. However, Icarus was flawlessly dodging each one like some kind of ballerina. Slowly getting himself closer and closer to Rex.