Chapter 90 - The Knight and Wizard

-One week till Mors game-

"So! I hear you two have been teaching now? Feeling that cocky over just a few weeks of training?" Jack asked.

He had a confident smirk on his face, eyeing me and Zack as we walked around him. Zack circled left while I took right.

"Considering we already knew how to use our abilities, it's not like we really learned anything too new. Just how to do things differently." I replied.

I made eye contact with Zack and we both stopped on opposite sides of each other. Facing down Jack.

"I know the mighty destroyer of worlds is fantastical, but don't give me credit for something I didn't do. Leo trained them." Zack said and held his hand out.

"Right, we just handled some more fundamentals. That's all." I said.

"Yeah, we left them to figure out how to tweak their techniques. So they can fight the boss." Zack added.

"And let me guess? You want to fight your boss right now?" Jack asked with a snicker. "Why else would you ask to come to the abandoned island right?"

I quickly summoned an iron ball and gauntlet. I activated my strength and gave out only a fraction of it and punched the iron ball at Jack.

A thick ice wall shot up, attempting to block the ball. Right before the ball hit the ice, It hit one of Zack's air walls. It stretched the wall like a trampoline and sent it flying, where it bounced off air walls all around us. I dashed at Jack and gave my full strength, just for a moment. My body ached, but after only using it for a moment, my bones didn't crack.

He sent a wave of ice my way, but I dashed right through it at him. However, once the ice cleared he was gone. I skidded to a stop and heard his footsteps behind, just like I figured. I jumped out of the way and the iron ball came rocketing down behind me. I turned around and watched him just barely dodge it. Not even noticing all the ice he had to teleport to was being melted by Zacks flames.

"What!?" Jack croaked.

His body seemed to explode into millions of ice shards and split apart, going around something in the air. Bean soon became visible and crashed into the ground beside me.

Damn, Bean and I should've switched places. I forget he has the reaction time to dodge a bullet. Then again, it's not like I knew he had the ability to explode into ice anyways.

"Aaahh!"

The echoed screams of Zack came from behind. I turned around and saw a huge hole in the ground. A funnel of green flame erupted from it, and Zack rode the top of it. I could see his left leg was consumed with ice.

He landed next to me and kept his hand pressed against his leg. Jack eventually came back together and landed in front of us.

"I'm impressed! You almost got me." Jack said with a laugh.

"How long did you know I was down there!?" Zack yelled.

"Oh, well I can sense temperatures, so it was easy to sense someone underground if I concentrate. Especially if you're not deep down. Oh! Also! Fun fact, your clones have abnormally high body heat."

"You're so busted I swear..." Zack grumbled.

"Just think of me as a character with maxed-out stats. I'm still beatable, it's just not gonna be that easy."

"Yeah, you lose today," I said and kneeled down.

Then I rocketed myself forward, Jack immediately shot ice at me. However, it froze on an invisible surface right before me. I jumped and bounced off an air wall. I smiled and only used a fraction of my strength and sprang around on Zacks wind walls.