Chapter- 20 The Game

Jack insisted that I needed to meet up with him in the woods, he refused to give any more details but to be ready. Lux decided she stay back, she wanted to find more out about Icarus. However, I could tell there was still this air of tension between us. I was starting to regret telling her how I felt. I had gone and made things awkward between us. I attempted to get it off my mind as I trekked over to Jack. I knew I couldn't do anything about it right now.

So I focused on trying to figure out where Jack could be. I assumed when he said the woods, he meant the area where me and Zack met to hero up at. I did my best to look around and make sure I wasn't being followed. As I got closer to the spot, I could hear a very familiar voice yelling about cheese.

"How dare you take me away from my grilled cheese!" I heard Zack boom angrily at someone, who I assumed to be Jack.

Once I got to the spot, I saw an angry Zack pointing his finger at Jack who was relaxed up in the trees. Zack kept yelling on and on about how pissed he was that Jack teleported him away from his food. But Jack seemed almost asleep in the trees. His eyes were closed as he leaned back against it. Not a care in the world.

"Jack what's going on!?" I yelled over Zacks repeated yelling.

"I'll tell ya what's going on! This Hippie took me from a perfectly good grilled cheese!" Zack roared in frustration. His hands had smoke coming off them as he growled, glaring up at Jack. Who still seemed like he could be asleep.

"Jack what was the emer-" I stopped speaking as I could feel the temperature begin to drop around us. Jack still seemed very much asleep, which made me worry.

"H-hey F-frosty. T-turn the h-heat ba-" Before Zack could stutter out another word, I felt the ground below us vanish.

I wanted to jump but I didn't react fast enough. Suddenly the ground felt like a freezing pool as I fell down into its depths. I started to panic, but I relaxed once I realized this felt all too familiar. It was just like that moment I fell into the ground after fighting that stone guy. I relaxed and closed my eyes as I let the icy waves carry we away.

It felt like it was only a moment, but I could feel warm air hitting my face. I opened my eyes and I could see a bright light above my head. It was like opening your eyes under the water at the pool. I felt a rush of the waves pushing and I shot out of the depths. I focused myself as I came out and saw a dirt ground below me. I landed on my feet, almost falling over. Then came out Zack, who was now screaming uncontrollably.

He landed on his feet stumbling a bit, but held his ground. He was shivering and began rubbing over his arms.

"Eww, is that what being birthed feels like?" He shivered out.

Then I looked around us, and I was speechless. It was like we were in some kind of mountain area. I could see trees and plants surrounding us. I could hear birds chirping loudly, and the sun was much more overbearing here than back home. I had to take off my hoodie. There was a huge mountain behind us that made me feel like a speck of dust. Then, something odd that caught my attention. A single ice cube rested on the ground right next to us. Where the hell did that even come from? And where the hell are we even at!? Then Poof! I saw a blue light flash from the ice cube and out came Jack, yawning loudly.

"I'm glad you both could make it, now let's get to business-" He started to speak but Zack interrupted him.

"What the hell is going on!? Where are we!?" Zack spat out question after question but Jack just sighed.

He flicked his wrist at Zack and an odd blue mist shot out from his hands. The mist hit Zacks face and ice popped up over Zack's mouth.

"Hey, grown-ups are talking." Jack sighed as he looked to me.

I just gave him a thumbs up, while Zack roared into the ice. He tried scratching it and pulling it off. I wonder if he forgot he has fire powers...

"As I was saying before Dumbledore decided to interrupt. We need to get down to business with training. And going over how your abilities work, and etcetera." Jack said as Zack finally decided to melt the ice with his handset ablaze. However, he was still having trouble doing it.

"I think we're pretty good on the basics, we been superheroes after all. We got a lot of practice in." I replied.

"Is that why you two still haven't checked for your upgrades on your abilities?" Jack asked. Which made me feel like a complete fool.

"I.. Forgot," I said embarrassingly.

"I figured as much. Do you recall stone saying anything about owning territories by chance?" Jack asked.