Chapter 16 - The Alley of justice

Every night for the past few weeks, Zack and I have been going around and putting a stop to the Red Steel gang. Slowly but surely we started seeing less and less of those creeps walking around the city. We had officially made a name for ourselves. The people started calling us the Alley of Justice, Knight, and wizard. We were full-fledged superheroes now. Although Zack was a bit of a handful to take care of... He had an issue using his real voice, way too much when we were in 'costume' (which were nothing more than glorified hoodies.) He even tried to actually burn someone's nuts off! I thought he was just kidding about that! Nevertheless, we were fortunate enough to not be caught yet. People kept trying to impersonate us and claim they were the Knight and Wizard, trying to take credit for our work.

Which only prompted them to get attacked by the Red Steel gang and police... With them basically going underground now, we have a lot more free time. However, tonight was an odd night. This was the first time in weeks we heard screaming for help coming from the streets. I and Zack were on the scene.

I slowly crept around the corner of the alleyway, trying to see if I could get a better look. I saw what seemed to be a man holding out a knife at a woman. The man was around six feet tall with a hoodie on that covered most of his face, and a familiar Steel Beam bandanna tied to his arm. But something was off about this, he wasn't even threatening her. He was just looking around like he was expecting something to happen.

"Hurry up and go! My butt hurts from sitting like this!" Zack yelled in a whisper voice.

"Shut up you nimrod! Something's up. I think it's a trap." I whispered over to him.

"Who gives a damn! They ain't got nothing on me!" Zack cheered getting up and running around the corner.

I tried to reach and stop him, but he was already gone. Crap! He just let our position go! I stood up quickly and followed after him. As soon as I turned the corner, I saw the man with the knife smiling widely at us.

"Now!" He yelled.

Suddenly people sprung up from all around us, all Red Steel gang members. My eyes grew wide at the sight before us, each person had some serious firepower on them, rifles, shotguns, A-K's, etc.

"We finally got you, Alley of Justice, you guys are idiots you know that right? Thinking you can shove us around any way you like?" The guy with the knife started going on and on about how we fell for such an obvious trap.

But his supervillain monologue was interrupted by Zacks, hysterical laughter.

"You're the idiots! Oh, man! You guys are killing me! You really think you're a match for me!" Zack said as he fell to the ground laughing, holding onto his sides.

The guy with the shotgun, however, didn't seem too pleased with his laughing though.

"Keep laughing punk!" He yelled as he fired off a round at Zack.

Zack kept laughing as he slowly stood up. The bullets seemingly stopped in mid-air, halfway toward us. Then they fell to the ground like pebbles. Zack's laughing was just a distraction, so he could use a spell. Zack gave the awed eyed Gang member a wicked grin. His palms had a faint pink glow illuminating off them. A few others shot again and again at the force field, but the same result occurred each time.

"You guys have no idea how bad you messed up. Mr. Knight, Beans blocked the only exit, you can attack now." Zack said, looking over his shoulder to me. I smiled slightly and nodded.

"On it." I replied, manifesting an Albion sword.

I could see some of them shaking, as reality had finally set in. They thought they had trapped us, but it was us who had them trapped. I slowly stepped forward toward them, as they seemed to panic fire at me. I didn't even bat an eye, as all the bullets just hit the force field. I activated my eyes and I swear I could see the guy with the knife piss himself. I readied myself and ran out of the force field at them. Dodging their shots with ease. Then one by one, I slashed their guns in half and bashed the end of my sword into their heads. Knocking each and every member out.

"Alright wrap them up, Wizard," I called out to Zack, making my sword vanish from my hands into the sparkling blue dust.

"Rodger, Rodger!" Zack replied as he said his enchantment calmly and slowly.