Chapter-18 Friend or foe?

I could feel the wind picking up as a cold breeze swept over me. I shivered to its touch, which only brought all the aching pain back. I knew there was nothing I could do to avail the pain, so I had to just take it. Even with a hoodie on, I could still feel the cold grasp of the wind against my skin. I didn't even remember it being this cold earlier. As a matter a fact, it was pretty warm outside.

I sighed and just kept my eyes to the sky, maybe I'll get lucky and Zack will find me first. Then again, there were a lot of injured people to attend to. I hope he prioritizes getting them still.

As I tried to relax, I was startled up by this mist swarming around me. I tried looking around to see where it was coming from. But the mist was too thick.

I could feel the temperature drastically drop around me. Was it Zack? I wonder if he got an upgrade? Wait, this could be a friend of that gem guy! I panicked as I tried to force myself up, but I couldn't. I felt a wave of intense pain wash over me again, I bit my lip hard trying to not scream. Whatever this was, it had me. I looked ahead as I saw the silhouette of a person. I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things, or if it was real.

Then the floor under me became cold, my whole body shook from the icy sensation. Which only prompted another wave of pain to shoot through me. I bit my lip again trying to not wail. However, I started screaming when I felt myself sinking into the ice! It was like drowning in a pool! I flailed about trying to swim my way out of the ice, but it only made me sink even faster. Soon I was completely sunken in the ice. It felt like I was swimming in the arctic. But, I just couldn't move. Everything was a different shade of blue, swirling all around me like water. Was this it then? Did I die?

"Good fight my young hero." I heard a faint whisper coming from around me.

I tried to look around, but I saw nothing. I was holding my breath for a while now, I couldn't hold it for much longer. Then one of the strands of blue began to grow dark, then another and another. Darkness was slowly consuming all the color around me until it was complete darkness. The cold sensation faded, but I still couldn't move. This is how I imagined space would be like, an empty black void filled with nothing. Well, at least in space there were stars. Just when I was about to accept my defeat, I saw a shimmering blue ball. It looked like a floating bubble, it sparkled and swayed in the black void. I was entranced by it, maybe it was because it was the only light in this endless darkness. I wasn't too sure. It felt oddly familiar. The bubble began to shake and ripple, and without warning, it exploded. I closed my eyes and as I did, I could feel a warm sensation washing over me. I felt a lot more relaxed and calm. I could even go as far as to say it was an inviting feeling.

I opened my eyes, and there she was, standing before me. My Goddess. She was smaller this time, still taller than me, but almost my height. Her skin was a light blue shade that resembled a blueberry, and her hair was almost a black shade of blue. Her dress was dark blue at the top and became lighter the further down until it became white. Surprisingly enough, her blue skin wasn't the most interesting thing about her. It was her eyes. It was like staring into a galaxy. Her eyes were shimmering white, pure white. It was like stars were moving in her eyes. I could just feel her power as I stared into them.

"You have made me proud today my hero." Her words were soft and echoed all around me.

I was frozen, I couldn't move. I didn't know if it was fear, or something else keeping me still. But I kept staring intently into her eyes, I just couldn't look away.

"Because of your victory today, I have won a bet amongst my sisters. You have made this game very entertaining for us. Keep it up." She said as a crooked smile slowly etched itself onto her face.

I didn't immediately respond, I wasn't sure what to say. Apart of me wanted to yell at her. People died today for their stupid game, innocent people. But, I couldn't find the words to speak. It was like my mind was blank, nothing at all was coming through. I just stared back at her sadistic smile and her eyes. Then a flash of a light blue light began to shine behind her, consuming the area. It blinded me with its intense rays.

I sat up fast and desperately gasped for air. It felt like I was drowning! I frantically looked around in a panic. Hundreds of questions filling my head as I realized I was home. I was laying in the middle of the floor of my apartment. I was trying to jog my memory here, how did I get here? When did I get here? What happ-

My thoughts came to a stop as I was tackled by my sister, who had me in a death hug. I flailed a bit trying to breathe again. I desperately tapped her shoulder hoping she let me go. It took her a second, but she eventually got the message and let go. I took my time to catch my breath as my eyes adjusted to the room.