Chapter 42 - Two Heroes

"Faresti meglio a lasciarmi andare adesso! Ti scioglierò, cazzo!" Leo's fictitious voice ripped through the tree lines.

"Whatever you say lizard breath.." Jack muttered.

"What is he saying?" Alexis asked.

"It's Italian I think. And if it is he's not saying very nice things.." Valentina said

Jack looked over to her and smiled approvingly.

"Precisely, I like your girlfriend Stryder." He hummed.

Valentina blushed.

"I-i'm not his girlfriend!" She stammered out.

"S-she's not my girlfriend!" I stammered out.

"Aww, aren't you two adorable." Jack hummed

"Wait till I tell Annual about this. Stryder dating my mortal enemy.." Zack huffed.

"Would you knock it off!" I yelped.

We all stood around Leo, who was frozen solid to a tree in the middle of the woods, with nothing but his head exposed. He roared loudly in rage as red flares flew out of his mouth like a fourth of July show.

I looked around at everyone who was just staring and laughing at him. I'd be pretty humiliated if I was like this too. I sighed and turned to the group.

"Hey, can you all leave me alone with Leo?" I asked.

Jack just shrugged.

"Sure thing superman." He chimed.

"What!? Leave you alone with Bowser Jr!?" Zack hollered."That's suicide!"

"For once I agree with Zack. You saw what he did at school today!" Valentina chimed in.

"Mi senti!" Leo roared.

"Look, if anything goes wrong I'll holler. Plus Jack can heal me." I added. "Just trust me, I'll be fine."

"No way, I'm staying too," Zack demanded as he stepped forward.

"Zack you don-"

"Look, I've been letting you carry a lot lately. I think It's about time I pick up some slack."

"Zack you really don't have to."

"I told you once before that I was gonna be a hero right? I want to be the type of man Annual can be proud of seeing when she gets back home. So I'm staying. Too bad, so sad, you're stuck with me." He said as he walked over to me.

The type of man Annual can be proud of huh? I smiled and nodded.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

"WOULD YOU NEANDERTHALS SHUT UP AND LET ME OUT ALREADY!!" Leo roared.

"Stryder, If there's anything I can help with. Just let me know, okay?" Valentina asked.

"Right! Same here! After all, I got powers too!" Alexis cheered.

"Still weird.." Zack muttered.

"Alright, then I'll let you two handle it," Jack said as he walked over to the girls.

"Try to not burn the forest down. It'll be a real drag if I have to clean that off." He snickered and snapped his fingers.

Suddenly Leo was free, the ice around his body shattered and crumbled to the ground. He dropped down on all fours. And then quickly shot up after Jack.

Jack stood completely still, giving Leo a smile. The girls squealed in a panic, and leo whipped his head back. Ready to blast Jack with his flames. But just as he was about to let loose, Jack vanished.