Chapter 72 - The Flying Dutchmans return!

It had been a week since the Jormungand attack. The military was called in to assist the police in the investigation of what they're calling ‘the light’s in the sky incident'. We were put under martial law, and have a strict ten PM city-wide curfew. Plus the entire downtown area has been condemned for investigation. 

Rushon decided to stay for a little while and investigate the investigators. So he's been assisting Donum in making sure they're not coming close to guessing me and Zack’s identity. Donum even managed to get us some papers that excuse us for being out late, something about us working late at a fake address. The number for our boss directly calls Jack, but I'm hoping it never comes to that. I don't trust Jack's acting skills. 

Valentina and Alexis have been interrogated by the authorities over and over again. They decided the best solution was the truth, just the truth minus Jormungand. They pinned most of it on Alexis father trying to kidnap her because she ran away. And Valentina came in to save her with the power of science!

So, we've decided to just lay low for a little while. Do our best to not ruin their
 stories, and pray Donum and Rushon can ruin the investigation. 

….

"Any luck with Vergil?" I asked Leo.

Leo didn’t say a word, he just stared at the boulder before him. The wind whistled through the trees and sent a gentle breeze our way. Making Leo's golden locks fly in his face, right before he started punching the boulder. Which cracked on impact. 

"That whiny little idiot is sitting in that abandoned building sulking!" He started punching the rock more rapidly. Sending shards all over the place as he abused it. "He barely even eats! He just lays there like he's ready to die! But he's too chicken to die! As if that's a bad thing!" He leaned his head back and a huge fireball shot out and obliterated the boulder. 

Leo huffed as smoke rose from his mouth.

"I see, not going well."

I hesitated, but I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. I yanked my hand back immediately however, because it felt like I touched a stove.

"No, it's not going well! It's been a week and all he does is sulk!"

"Well, how are you feeling specifically?"

"I don't understand it. He's so illogical! What does sulking solve!? What does hiding in an abandoned building do!?"

"Leo, sometimes it's hard to get up, ya know?"

"No, I don't know." He huffed.

"I can relate to your brother, kind of."

"Well please elaborate." He growled and smoke rose up from his lips.

I chuckled nervously and leaned against a tree.

"It’s really hard to understand unless you’ve been there before. Which is why I can understand him. I was that way after I got kicked out of martial arts. There were just some days where I'd lay in bed all day. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't drink. I just get up to use the bathroom."

"But why!? That did nothing for you right? So why would you do it?"

“Hhmm, It just felt like the world was against me ya know? Like no matter what I tried, the world was just gonna spit in my face. So I didn’t even want to try.”

"When I feel like lifes beating me down, I tell life it hits like an old hag. So I guess I half get it.”

“Ya know, it’s not technically a bad thing you don’t understand him. Sometimes we just gotta accept that’s just how some people are.”