Chapter 95 - The Last Supper

"This is stupid, we should be focused on preparing for tonight." Leo complained.

I rolled my eyes.

"Work, work, work is that all you think about!?" I groaned.

"Zack, we're in a losing war right now. We should be planning battle strategies." Leo grumbled.

I stopped in front of the pastry shop and opened the door.

"Let me ask you something, how well does a machine work if it toils away everyday?" I asked.

"That's irrelevant." Leo snapped.

"You just don't want to admit I'm right~" I said with a snicker.

I walked inside the bright pink shop and was immediately wrapped in the sweet scents of the bakery. The smells practically made me float over to the counter, where I met a more delectable sight. The cashier ran her fingers through her short orange locks, and pursed her obsidian painted lips at the sight of me

"Hey sherbet, I gotta order for Stryder I'm picking up." I said.

"What do you call me?" She snapped and squinted her eyes at me.

"Idiot." Leo mumbled.

"I said, can I get your number, because you're looking as sweet as Sherbet ice cream." I winked at her and her cheeks flushed.

I had her now.

"I-Ummm, sure." She mumbled and tucked some hair behind her ear.

I smirked and nodded to Bean, who was standing invisible next to me. Just like we planned, go steal all the jelly filled doughnuts they got! I leaned on the counter and started talking. My eyes glazed over her a bit, following along her curves. Man, she was kind of hot. Maybe I will call her later.

Alexis's smile came into mind, and I slowly moved myself from the counter. I don't need to be my old man.

"Yeah, my buddy behind me wanted to ask you but he's totally shy!" I said with a chuckle.

Leo coughed.

"Excuse me!?" Leo strangled out.

The girl looked over to Leo, who had his mouth partly open. Yet not a word came out.

"I don't know why, you're super cute." The girl giggled then turned around. "I'll be back with your orders."

"See ya~" I sang as she walked away.

As soon as she was gone, it felt like a hammer crashed into my crotch and I dropped.

"Ah! My grandkids! What the hell Leo!?" I grumbled.

"You make this nice thing hard. So instead of telling her no, I'll just hit you." Leo said.

With all my stupid spells, not one helps me stop this freak of nature!?

"Come on man, she's hot!" I complained.

"AHHH!" We both turned toward the counter as the cashier shrieked in horror.

Then my stomach dropped as we watched the front row of Jelly Doughnuts just start to disappear.

Crap...

"G-ghost!" The woman cried.

"Oh, Jelly Beans shouldn't be here." Leo said and stepped toward her. "I think you should get rid of those. Don't mix well with doughnuts."

Ah, code for he'll distract her. Nice.

Leo began to chat up the cashier and I summoned a vine to yank on Bean's leg. Eventually he came out, and ran to the door. I started to stand up, but my stomach still felt like a war zone. Note to self, get a nut shot protection spell.