Chapter 50 - Weislung vs Stryder

I took a breath as I tried to calm my nerves, this was the first time I had a crowd for one of these. I looked up as the setting sun slowly began to fade, and blanketed the area in its warm glaze. I guess I couldn't ask for a better fight scene. In the sky above us was Bean and Zack, plus everyone else...

"Killem little bro! Woo!" I heard Lux yell from the sky.

I felt my cheeks flush as I heard her calls.

"You're gonna fight just like the heroes in my book! Of course I want to see it!" Valentina geeked to me just a few hours ago.

"I'll be cheering for you from now on my Knight." Then Annuals words hit me.

I looked over at Weislung. He was stretching his arms to the sky with a wide smile on his face. His white hair shining in the sunset's rays. Then he started bouncing on his toes. I could already tell from when we first met. I was gonna have to start off going all out with him. I held out my hand and tried to pretend like the others weren't here. I summoned a single blade and armor. Then activated my strength and prepared to enhance my speed. I was anxious, but deep down. I gave him a smile of my own.

I was really excited!

"Watashi ni kite!" Weislung cheered.

"Ready! Fight!" Jack hollered from above.

Then It was like a flash, we both charged one another. The flares of red and orange sparked off our blades as we collided. We both looked back into each other's eyes, both grinning ear to ear. I pulled back and duked down, aiming my blade for his stomach. But he just spun to the side and avoided my attack. Then he went in for my head, and I just barely blocked with my blade. And then, we went back and forth. Sending sparks into the air every time we collided. He was quick, giving me no time to think. All the while bearing a huge grin on his face.

This was the guy who defeated Elizabeth's gifted zombies, plus defeated her in the process. And I still knew virtually nothing about him. As we clashed I noticed his body was shimmering white. It was similar to the blue mist that secreted from my arm. But instead it started forming something on him. His arms had glowing white scales forming. Then the next thing I know I started getting pushed back. I growled and tried to focus on my speed, increasing it as much as I could as I tried to move around him. But he just met me head on. I activated my eyes and quickly reacted, just barely blocking his strike. But as his blade collided with mine, mine shattered! I winced at the sharp pain as he slashed clean through my armor to my chest. It was then I noticed his blade, it had a white mist coming off of it! I quickly jumped from him, but he just charged forward. I had no time to dodge!

I summoned another blade and tried to match his strength. But as we collided, He cut clean through my blade again! I summoned a different blade this time, but with different materials. However my efforts were in vain as he slashed right through that too!

Then I tried to make blades that had trick hilts or teeth to them. But it was like he adapted to everything I had! We went back and forth like this for a bit. I realize now that it wasn't his strength or speed, it was his blade and technique! Every time he struck me, I could see his eyes searching my blade right before he struck. Making slight adjustments each time. Which meant I couldn't treat him like Isabella and learn his pattern, every movement felt like it was out of left field! And then there were my blades, they were just replicas I created, but is there a chance the blades he and Elizabeth have are just more durable!?

Whatever the case, I needed to get rid of his blade! I summoned a rather large one. As he began to slice through it. I dispelled it. A large amount of the blue mist appeared in front of us, and I quickly charged forward through it and tackled him down! I made sure to pin his sword hand and jabbed him in the face! Each hit causing his body and the ground to shake! I could see the glowing white scales had moved up his arms to around his neck. Slowly going up to his cheek. What scared me more was the fact that he was tanking all my hits! He soon flipped me over on my back and got on top of me. Quickly jabbing me in the face. Then he went for his sword. I got my foot up from under him and immediately kicked him in the chest, sending him flying back. I rolled back onto my feet. And as soon as I looked up, I saw the fiery white lines shoot out from his sword. I quickly dove to the side and dodged, hiding behind a car.