Chapter 110 - The forgotten hero

"That was an outstanding show, my child."

The icy voice of my goddess bounced around in the darkness, sending vibrations across my skin that made it crawl. I tried to open my eyes, or move my arms, but nothing would budge.

"I'll remember this day, this hour, this second. You remind me so much of him. You can become my new hero!"

Her face suddenly appeared in front of mine and I stared deeply into the endless void of space. She raised her light blue hands out toward me and caressed my cheek. A warmth rose inside of me and I was free. I snatched her wrist and her eyes grew wide.

"I am, not, your toy." I told her and glared into her eyes.

A smile etched itself on her face and she slowly pulled her hand away from me.

"So it would seem, Arthur."

....

-A week after Zacks attack-

"The city of Ecgtheow has finally started to recover from the devastating bomb threat! Police reports say that it was an attack done by a small-time gang in our very own city! However, with the aid of The Alley of Justice and the police coming together. We've apprehended the meta human individuals, and the gang alike. However, we cannot guarantee a hundred percent safety! So please, if you see someone with a red steel bandana, contact your loca-!"

The TV suddenly shut off. I noticed a shadow above me and found Lux holding out the remote.

"That's enough of that." She huffed. "Dinners almost done."

I nodded.

"I can set the table." I said and stood up.

Lux squinted her eyes at me.

"You sure? How's your arm feeling?"

I glanced down to my right arm. It was still wrapped up with bandages, all the way up to my shoulder, and all the way down to my knuckles. I flexed my arm and made a fist.

"Yeah, it should be fine."

'Let this scar forever bond you. You'll meet again, and will see if you've become a hero who can slay the monster' .My goddesses words scratched at the back of my mind.

The scar on my arm looked like I survived fifth degree burns. A gift Zack left behind. Lux said it wasn't natural, the patterns it had, the way it affected my skin tissue. It was almost like a tattoo. My forever reminder that Zack's still out there.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen. Just then my phone went off. I checked it and it was a call from an unknown number, I hesitated but answered.

"Hello?"

"When were you going to tell me Jack was dead?"

My heart sank as I heard Rushons voice.

"R-rushon?" I asked.

"Cut the crap, My goddess made me unable to hear about the news in your area for weeks. No calls to Jack went through either."

"Listen I'm so-"

"You didn't deny it."

"Rushon listen a lot happened and-"

He hung up.

My arms dropped to my side and I chewed on my lip. I wanted to avoid it, I knew I shouldn't have.

"Stryder? What's wrong?" Lux asked.

"I umm, got a call from Icarus."

"Oh? Did he want to talk?" Lux asked and walked over to me. Holding out dishes in one hand.