Chapter 93 - Joes World

"I see two men in red bandanas sneaking around the bar downtown. From the look of it, one of them is concealing a pistol. While the other has a bandana over his face. I also have a visual of a girl with braids and two men by the Italian restaurant. Oh! And-"

"Is that rat bastard going after Daniros!?"

Zack shrieked in a loud whisper and interrupted Penelope. Penelope coughed on the mic, and Zack got quiet again.

"Anyways, I also see...a female Mime by herself. She's just walking down the street." Penelope mumbled.

"Ooh! Are we gonna give them a magic show!?" Wiz cheered.

I leaned back against the walls of the Alley and looked over Zack and Wiz. Crap, they've got us spread out. Each group has gang members and a gifted. Why did Leo have to leave? He didn't even get a com mic.

"Stryder, Wiz has an ability to cancel out a single ability. Let me and him take on the braid girl. If we can surprise her, we can probably take her too."

I grumbled.

"How do you account for guns?" I asked.

"Oh! Sasha has a neat reflection trick!" Wiz cheered.

"Sasha?" I asked.

"Trust us, it will be fine. You go after Mime girl. I'm sure your reaction time makes you the better one to handle it." Zack suggested.

"And the police will handle Mr.Bandana," Donum said on the mic. "I have a tracker from Penelope. Even if we fail to apprehend him, we can still get something done."

"And for an update, no funny business has happened at home base. Neither home base." Jack said into the mic.

"That's good to know. Our identities are crucial to keep hidden also. Keep in mind that might be his biggest goal." I said.

"Wiz, do you have the mask I gave you?" Penelope asked.

"Y-yes!" He cheered. "Absotively Magica!"

"Shhhh!" We all simultaneously shushed him.

Wiz stepped back and slowly put the mask over his face. It was a green white and purple jester mask. Which to me was a bit unsettling to look at.

"Stryder, is it alright if I switch to primary support for the others?" Penelope asked.

"Yeah, I'd say more on Donums end if anything," I replied.

"I'm not helpless, Stryder," Donum complained.

"I'm not saying you are, but it's safer this way. We all have support." I replied.

"Except you, magic eye boy." Jack snickered on the mic.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, let's head out."

...

I watched the Mime stroll down the street every so casually. She was in the business area, so I guess it made sense why no one was out. But still, it was eerie how empty it was. Not a car, not a passerby, nothing. I wonder if her ability has something to do with it...

I took my blade from its sheath and waited till she passed. Her hips swayed without care and her short raven locks shook with every step. All the while she Carried a bright smile on her porcelain skin. I even noticed a heart tattoo on her cheek. Zack was definitely right...

Wait, am I ogling this girl right now!? No no! I'm just observing...right? Well, we established she was weaponless a while ago, so why else am I still standing here...