⇜Chapter 11⇝

I sat impatiently, waiting to hear results on Olivia. She got a CAT scan, and we were awaiting the results. "Kirsten Smith?" I stood up, along with Abigail. She was equally a mess as I. "Is she okay?" I instantly asked, not being able to beat the thought of not knowing any longer. "She's stable." he said, flipping through papers on his clipboard. "It seems she had an infection of some kind. A stomach bug, or maybe even the flu. But even so, it's has made her extremely sick. Now, we'll monitor her overnight. She's not completely in the safe yet, but-" "Doctor!" a nurse yelled after him, stopping him mid sentence.

   He quickly excused himself, making his way in which the direction he came. "Is that Olivia?" I asked a terrified Abigail beside me, but she said nothing. It was almost as if she couldn't speak. "Olivia!" I yelled for her, running in the room. Nurses were rushing everywhere around her, as she twitched and convulsed violently, and just like that, she stopped.. Her eyes opened slightly, and she began to cry in pain. "Mrs. Smith.." The doctor started, but he had no words. No one did. I made my way over to her bedside, now sobbing loudly while looking at her. I ran my thumb over her forehead softly.

   "My baby.." Was all I could say. I just watched her have a seizure. I felt terrible. As a mother, you'd hate seeing your child like this. "Mrs. Smith, how about you head home-" I shook my head, indicating for him to say no more. He understood, hisnjaws snapping shut, stopping any sound attempting to form. No one was to talk to me as of now. I looked down at Olivia, while she slept, and I couldn't sweep the images of her seizure out of my mind. It was as if they were burnt there. Abigail laid across the small couch provided, knowing we were going to be here all night. I slept at Olivia's bedside, not moving a muscle.

   I jumped at every machine that beeped, every time she coughed, everytime a nurse came in, I was asking questions nonstop. Who could blame me? Finally, in the wee hours of the morning at about 5:00, the doctor walked into the room. I stood up, not worrying about Abigail who had fallen asleep as she talked about Chandler Parsons. "Is she alright?" I asked, and his face sank low. "Mrs. Smith, it seems your daughter's condition is worse than we thought," he muttered. "We thought it was just a stomach virus or an infection, but it appears to be way, way worse." I began to cry silently, looking at her now peaceful figure.

   "I'm not asking you to began planning a funeral.. But just prepare for the worst.." he gave me a sympathetic smile, walking out the room. By this time, Abigail was awake and heard everything. "Kirsten.." "I'm fine, Abigail. I-I just need a minute.." I said, walking out of the ICU room. I sat in a chair in the hallway, crying immensely. This couldn't be real, it just couldn't. As I finished up my wailing fit, the thought dawned on me that I hadn't called Kyrie. I took my phone out, which was on 45%. I hadn't bothered to charge it. "Hello?" Kyrie asked on the other line. I couldn't find the words to use.

   I was treading along the lines of 'Olivia is sick', but I didn't want to come out and just say it. "Hello?" he asked again. "Kyrie, I need you to come to the hospital as fast as you can get here." And that was all I said before I hung up. I went back into the room, waiting for him to arrive..

•A/N: didn't mean to give y'all a heart attack. lol, but I'm in the dentist office. I have to get a filling. This is my first cavity in like, 2 years. ha, but vote please.! Ilysm❤~QveenKaep