⇜Chapter 26⇝

I was awakened by a phone call. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to answer it. "H-Hello?" I answered, realizing the time. It was, indeed, 1:42 AM. "Kirsten, my mother is very sick. And I have to go visit her." Abigail said on the other line. Her mother lived in Arizona, which was a ways away from Cleveland. "I'm so sorry to hear that. Is she alright?" I asked, sitting up. "Y-Yeah, but I'm already at the airport. I have to go." she said quickly. "Okay, call me if you need anything." I replied softly. "I will." And just like that, she was gone. "Babe, who was that?" Kyrie asked waking up. I was not about to explain to him anything of this at 2:00 AM.

   "Nothing, just go back to sleep." I kissed his cheek softly, lying back down to go to sleep again..

•°•°•°•°•

   "Mommy, can I have a cookie?" Olivia asked me, smiling innocently. "You just ate something." I told her, and she frowned a little. I huffed, knowing she'd previously gone to Kyrie, asking him the same question. His respond being: "Go ask your mother." I walked in the kitchen where Kyrie was watching film on his phone and cooking dinner. Olivia trailed close behind, a smile on her small lips. "Just because I said yes this time. doesn't mean it'll always be this way, so don't get used to it."

   I was made sure I was understood by cocking an eyebrow. "Yes Mommy." she said as I handed the chocolate chip cookie to her. She smiled happily, skipping out the room. I shook my head, placing my hand on my hip as I looked over at Kyrie. That's when the smell hit me. "Ugh, Ky, that garbage disposle." I gagged, covering my nose. It reeked tremendously. After giving the kitchen two good sniffs, he told me he couldn't smell anything.

   Rolling my eyes, I quickly left the kitchen before I threw up. "Is Daddy's cooking really that bad, Mommy?" Olivia asked from her spot on the couch, noticing me gagging as I left the kitchen. I couldn't help but laugh at her. She definitely got her humor from me, no doubt. Kyrie doesn't have a single funny bone in his body. I was getting tired, so I went upstairs and laid down on the bed to take a quick nap.

•°•°•°•°•

Kyrie's POV

   I walked in the living room to find Olivia by herself, attempting to feed her baby doll her unfinished cookie. I shook my head, taking the cookie from her and cleaning out the doll's mouth. "Where's Mommy?" I asked her, handing her now clean 'Baby Alive' back to her. "She went upstairs after she smelled something nasty in the kitchen." she answered, playing with her dolls and paying me no mind.

   I went upstairs to the bedroom, to find Kirsten lying across the bed, even though it was already made up. "You feel alright?" I asked her, and she nodded softly, still half asleep. "Just tired." she yawned, looking up at me. I could understand. Olivia is a hand full, even at her age now. "Well, I'll wake you when dinner is ready, okay?" I questioned. She laid still a few seconds, then nodded once more.

   I planted a soft kiss on her cheek, making my way back downstairs to finish cooking..

A/N:: I haven't updated in a bit. lol, my minutes ran out, so I have to wait for my aunt to buy more. But vote please.! Ily♥ ~QveenKaep