⇜Chapter 21⇝

3 Years Later

   "Awh, thank you baby!" I squealed, hugging him tightly.  He chuckled, kissing my head. "Anything for you, babe." He got me a chocolate diamond necklace. "Olivia, you want to open some of your toys?" I asked her. "Yes, I would." she answered, picking up a present with her name on it. She tore it open, screaming in joy. "Daddy, you got me the barbie doll I always wanted! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" she wrapped her little arms around him. He put her on his knee, opening a much smaller present for her. It was a golden chain bracelet: 14 karat gold.

   "Its pretty.." she stared at it, eyes wide at how it sparkled. "Merry Christmas!" Abigail said, walking in the living room where we were seated on the couch opening presents. Chandler walked in behind her. "Auntie Abigail, look what I got!" Olivia beamed brightly, taking Abigail's full attention. "Hey Chandler." I smiled, shaking his hand, Kyrie doing the same. He took a seat by himself on the loveseat, and we all watched Olivia play with her toys. "Kirsten, this is for you." Abigai gave me a small smirk, handing me a bag full of mint chocolate.

   "Thanks Abigail!" I smiled, satisfied with everything I've gotten. I was exhausted as crap, though. I've been up all night making sure Olivia doesn't go in her presents too early. "You still tired?" Kyrie asked. I nodded, rubbing my temple. "Kyrie!" My mother's voice rang through the house. I saw disgust grow on Abigail's face. I still haven't the slightest idea why she didn't like her. But me not wanting to start an argument, said not a mumbling word. My mom almost immediately rushed in the living room at us. "Kyrie, you look so nice." she smiled. "Kirsten, I got you something." she handed me a bag.

   "Mom, you shouldn't have." I opened it to revealed a nice, leather purse. It was huge. "Kyrie, did you bring any presents?" she beamed. Abigail grabbed my arm, pulling me from the room. "Kirsten, you have to get her out of here." she whispered, crossing her arms. "Abigail, she is my mother and you will respect her as such." I argued. She took a deep breath. "Kirsten, ever since she saw Kyrie play for the first time, whenever she looks at him, all she sees is dollar signs." I bit the inside of my lip, listening on.

   "She knew he had NBA potential from the start. Yeah, he's in his first season as an NBA player, but she can see where he's going.." As I listened, she was right. "I'll fix this." I mumbled, going back in the living room where my mom was so close to Kyrie. He looked so uncomfortable. "Kyrie, what did you get me?" she smiled mischievously. "Yes ma'am, I did." he smiled innocently, pulling out a card which enveloped money. I mentally rolled my eyes. "He got me a diamond necklace, but that's no big deal." I mumbled sarcastically.

   Her eyes popped out of her head. "Diamond necklace?" she repeated. "And all I get is a card?" she asked, trying not to show how pissed she was. "I guess gold diggers don't need anything for Christmas." I commented, and everyone's eyes went wide a dinner plates. "Excuse me?" she asked in disbelief. "You heard me." I was about to shut her whole plan down. "We know the only reason why you're here, 'mom'. You saw Kyrie and all you think is the number of MK bags you can get your hands on, but that stops today." I explained thoroughly. Abigail sat back, a satisfied smirk on her face.

   "That is not true." She faked a gasp. I scoffed, seeing right through it. That's when she stood up. "I won't tolerate you talking to me this way-" "Well, there's the door. Don't let it hit you where the good Lord split you." I smiled. She squinted her eyes at me. "Don't you smile at me like that." She muttered. "Hey, you night wasn't too leave, because I'm this close to kicking your-" "Let's not get violent here." Chandler stepped in. My 'mom' huffed angrily, stomping out the house..

A/N: I had homework, so I didn't finish my Julian chapter, but I'm posting tomorrow.! Ily❤ ~QveenKaep