⇜Chapter 7⇝

He stared at me, then at Olivia, then back to me. "She's m-mine?" he asked. I rolled my eyes in disbelief. He could not be serious right now. "Ky, you act like you forgot I was pregnant." I scoffed, brushing my hair out of my face. He was playing with Olivia when my nose caught a whiff of his smoke filled jacket. I moved his hand away from her. He was still awestruck that she was his. "Let's go." I told Abigail, walking by Kyrie. "Kirsten, wait." he said, grabbing my arm, but I snapped it away. "What?" I said, fed up with his bullshit. "Can we talk about-" "No, we can't. You made it very clear to me 9 months ago that you didn't want to be in Olivia's life, and I don't need you trying to barge in now. I'm trying to move in with my life.." I said. "And you should too.." I finished, a single tear rolling down my cheek. As much as it hurt, it was the truth. We weren't meant to be..

~~~~~

Kyrie's POV

Wow.. I really messed up. Seeing Kirsten and Olivia today made me realize that. Its like a part of me secretly hoped she'd suffer without me, and a part of me wanted to stay and be the best father I could be. I ran out the mall, to my car, and followed Kirsten. I had to get this right. I had to get her back..

~~~~~

Kirsten's POV

When I arrived home, another car pulled unto the driveway, too. The windows were tinted. It was a nice looking Mercedes. Very expensive looking, to say the least. I looked at Abigail, only to have her looking at the car. As the car door opened, out stepped Kyrie. I rolled my eyes, quickly going inside. Abigail followed, and before I could close the door, Kyrie stuck his foot in. "What do you want?!" I finally yelled. Olivia began to cry, and I sighed, making my way outside. Kyrie walked behind me. "Kirsten, I know you probably don't need me-" "I don't." I said plainly. "But I want to.. come back.." he said, but it more of a question. "Kyrie, you told me you didn't want to take care of a child, and now you do? Either way, you're in no position to take care of a child. You spell like cigarette butts and vodka!" I argued.

"Kirsten, you know I smoke, what else is new?!" he yelled back. "Well you're NOT going to smoking around my daughter!" I said, crossing my arms. "You only think about yourself, Kyrie. You're one cocky son of a bitch," I started. "All this time, its been about you. You had to go to college. You left me to care for a child. You, you, YOU. But you never took into consideration my feelings. You didn't step up to the plate and be the father, or boyfriend, Olivia and I wanted you to be. You ran off like a little boy." I snarled.

"I'm sorry Kyrie, but if you really want to be in Olivia's life, you have a lot of maturing to do.." I said, ending the conversation there. He had nothing else to say. He knew I was right. I walked back into the house, closing the door behind me. I stood in the window, watching him walk to his car. He got in, closing the door. I saw him sit in the driver's seat, just sitting there. He was definitely thinking, which is good. He needs to think about his actions. He looked up at the window, our gazes connecting until I looked away. I had to remind myself he isn't what I need. There are plenty of other men that are willing to take care of someone else's child. I just had to find them..

A/N; this chapter is 10x better when you listen to 'Burn' by Usher. But I'm updating my Derrick story later (hopefully). Ily so muchhh. Thank youuu.❤ ~QveenKaep