⇜Chapter 8⇝

Kyrie's POV

I threw another glass beer bottle at the wall. I fucked up. I couldn't see her with anyone else. She belongs with me, but after what I did, I don't think I'll ever be able to get her back. And Olivia.. I wanted to be in her life as much as possible. Not only because I didn't want to be known as a terrible father, but because I actually thought about everything I put Kirsten through when I wasn't even around.

I can't drink you away
I've tried Jack, I've tried gin
I've tried all of them in
I can't drink you away

I picked up another beer, drinking from it. I heard the front door open, and someone I didn't expect to be here walked around the corner. Kirsten. "What do you want? Are you here to tell me I'm a terrible father again?" I spat angrily. She sighed, taking the beer from my hand. "No Kyrie, I'm here because you don't need to be doing this." She sat the beer on the table, sitting beside me on the floor. "I messed up-" "And I get that." she cut across me. "But I actually kind of appreciate you trying to still help raise Olivia." she continued.

"But you need to stop drinking and smoking. If I can do it, I know you can. You'd make an amazing father for Olivia, and if you can stop all of this," she gestured to the broken bottle glass on the floor. "Then you can be that, and much more." she said, smiling a little bit at me. "And you don't need to put your scholarship in jeopardy for this. Its not worth it.." she said, standing up. I thought about it for a bit, and she was right. Did I really want to put my future career and being able to be an actual father for my child in danger?

Of course not. She put her hand out, helping me off the floor. "Thank you, Kirsten." I said, leaning in to kiss her, but she backed away. "I won't let you back in that easy, Ky." she smirked. "But get yourself together.." she said, walking back out to her car. "Same old Kirsten. Stubborn as hell.." I mumbled to myself, a smiled on my face.

A/N; another chapteeerrr. Lyrics by J. Tim: 'Drink You Away'. Vote please & thanksss. Ily ~QveenKaep