Chapter 22: Telling Mom and Back To School

"Hey mom can Lindsey sleep over?" I yelled from upstairs.

"Yeah!" She yelled back so I dialled her number.

"Hey Lindsey do you want to sleep over? I still haven't told my mom that I'm dating Daniel and I want you here."

"Yeah, I'll be over in 10. See you soon." She said hanging up.

I put the rest of my stuff away and by the time I was done there was someone ringing the doorbell.

"I got it!" I yelled while rushing down the steps to the front door.

"Lindsey, I'm so glad you're here, let's go up to my room." I said grabbing her wrist and running up the steps.

"Wait so you never told your mom?" She asked as soon as I shut my door.

"No. I'm going to tell her and you are going to be there." I said slowly walking down the soars again.

"Hey mom can I talk to you?" I yelled.

"Yeah. Let's go into the living room. Hi Lindsey." My mom said with a cheery smile.

"Hi Mrs.McDonald."

I sat down on the couch next to Lindsey while my sat across from us in a chair.

"What do you need?" She asked.

"While you and Lilly were gone, I met a guy." I started.

"Oh gosh." She said putting her hand on her forehead

"Please hear me out. The guy I fell for is, I don't really know how to say this, it's Daniel." I said.

"Daniel McCasey?" My mom asked laughing.

As soon as I nodded my head her smile left and she replaced it with a stern look.

"But you hate Daniel." She retorted.

"I thought I did. Then I got to know him, I really love him."

"Lindsey what do you have to say about this?" My mom said without looking at me.

"From what I have seen they really love each other. He treats her well and she seems a lot happier now."

"Joey do you really love him?" My mom asked.

"I really love him."

"Then I am perfectly fine with it, just as long as he doesn't break your heart." My mom said laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Girls you have to go to school!" My mom yelled.

"Ugh! It's Friday, can't we just skip?" I yelled.

"I made chocolate chip pancakes." My mom yelled.

As soon as she said that Lindsey and I were running downstairs, fighting each other.

"Where are they?" Linsey yelled as my mom pointed to a plate stacked with them on the table.

After eating 4 pancakes and burping 10 times Linsey and I agreed that it was time to Get ready. We walked back upstairs and began to get ready.

After putting on my jersey, jeans, and converse I put on mascara and eye liner.

"Ready?" I yelled.

"Joey! I'm right next to you. Yeah I'm ready to leave." Lindsey said laughing as we walked down the stairs and out of the house to my car.

In the car on the way to school we listened to the Beatles the whole way.