Chapter 17: Cooties and Coming Home part 2

Once the three of us got home we all ran into the kitchen to start making our moms coming home dinner.

"Wait, what are we actually making?" Daniel asked.

"Lasagna." I said walking to the cupboard and looking for the lasagna noodles.

"Can you please watch Millie while I run to the store?" I asked peaking my head into the kitchen.

"Yeah. Bye." Daniel said walking over to me, with Millie on his shoulders, and kissed my forehead.

I grabbed the keys and walked outside to the car. I drove to the corner store and walked to the pasta section. I found the lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese.

I quickly ran to the check out line and put it all on the counter. The guy started checking me out.

"That will be $25.67." The cashier said.

I handed him the money and loaded the lasagna stuff in the car and drove back.

"IM HOME!" I yelled opening the door with the bags in my hands.

"JOEY!" Daniel yelled running to me with Millie chasing after him. I laughed just like Millie and Daniel.

"Let me take these and you can get everything ready you need to get ready." Daniel said taking the bags out of my hands and walking with me to the kitchen.

"Thanks." I said smiling because Daniel is never this helpful.

*later*

"I just put it in the oven." I said walking into the living room to see Daniel trying to teach Millie to throw a football.

Daniel looked up with a small smile plastered on his face. Daniel picked up Millie and we all ran upstairs to get changed.

"Can I see what you're going to wear?" Daniel asked wriggling his eye brows.

"No. You'll see when I'm ready." I said closing my door in his face.

I walked to the suitcase I brought over to the McCasey household about a month ago. I unzipped it to find a single dress laying in there incase I needed it. I pulled it out and held it up to my body.

"Gosh I hate dressing up." I sighed and changed into the dress.

I walked over to the small mirror and put a little more make up on than I usually wear.

I walked downstairs and tried to quietly walk through the living room without Daniel seeing me, but with my heels on it was useless.

Daniel's head turned to look at me and he instantly smiled.

"I'm going to talk to Joey." Daniel whispered to Millie and walked towards me as I ran into the kitchen.

I walked over to the counter and started folding napkins for no reason.

"Joey can you please look at me?" Daniel asked holding my shoulder.

I looked up at him without and words coming out of my mouth.

Growing up I was always very self conscious because I was bullied for being different.

"I know you were bullied when you were little, but don't you EVER think you are anything but amazing. You are the most beautiful girl ever. I love you." Daniel said with the most stern expression I have ever seen on him.

"But-"

"No buts. Pinkie promise." He said with a childish look on his face.

"Pinkie promise." I said laughing and interlocking our pinkies.

Daniel pulled my closer and pecked my lips. Just as our lips met the timer for the lasagna went off. We pulled apart and both laughed.

I pulled it out of the oven and set it on the counter. Looking at the clock I saw that our moms should be here by now.

"Yeah, I'll tell her. Bye." I heard Daniel say and walk in the kitchen.

"Their flight got delayed. They are coming home tomorrow. Let's just eat, the three of us." Daniel said.

"Okay." I dished out lasagna for three and we all sat down at the kitchen table.

*after dinner*

"Good night Millie." I said kissing her forehead after Daniel.

"Good night Danny. Good night mommy." She said.

My cheeks started blushing and I felt Daniel's hand on the small of my back.

Was I really like her mom?

"Good night Millie." I said smiling and walking out.

"She called me mom." I said to Daniel still smiling.

"When I have kids, hopefully that's what they will be calling you." Daniel said smiling while my cheeks felt like they were burning.