Chapter 29: Purple Pancakes and Choices

"What are you making?" I asked Daniel ask I walked downstairs after just waking up.

I walked into the kitchen to see Daniel standing at my stove with a spatula in one hand and still no shirt on.

"I'm making you purple pancakes." He said flipping them out of a pan and onto a plate that he had gotten down from the cupboard.

"Why are the pancakes purple?" I asked sitting down next to him at the island.

"Because I found food colouring while trying to find the pancake mix and I remembered the one time you told me your favourite colour is purple, so I made you purple pancakes." He said all proud of himself.

I heard my mom running down the steps with something big in her hands and her at keys jingling in her hand.

She stopped when she made it to the bottom and started rolling, probably a suitcase.

She walked into the kitchen with a suitcase and Brian following her.

"I have to hurry up and get on a plane because I forgot that I had to fly out to Australia today. I will be back in a week, a month at the tops. Please be good and don't throw a party, not because you will break things, but because you won't clean them up. I love you Joey, keep her in line Daniel!" My mom rambled before she walked out the front door to get on a flight from Cleveland to England and then to Sydney, Australia.

"Well, now I'm all alone with Brian." I said huffing.

"Oh, so apparently I am either invisible or don't mean anything to you." Daniel said putting his hand over his heart.

"And I have you!" I said hugging him and pecking his lips.

"You, Mrs.Lazypants have softball tryouts to go to. You better get your lazy butt up and get ready so you can get there on time." Daniel said taking both of our plates and walking to the sink, washing them.

"They're next week." I said walking up behind him and wrapped my hands around his waist and I laid my head on his back.

"I think we should invite the guys over today so we can hang out and do something. Oh, maybe we can play football because you guys said you weren't ready for tryouts." I said walking into the living room to put on my slippers because the floor felt cold against my bare skin.

"Okay, I probably should start throwing again because the tryouts are next month. You can go get in the shower and I'll find something to do." Daniel said kissing the top of my head and letting me go upstairs.

"Thanks." I said walking upstairs and getting through the shower quickly.

After I got through the shower, I walked downstairs and I found Daniel and Brian sitting on the ground in front of the television watching Hannah Montana.

"Are you two having fun?" I asked laughing and sitting down next to Daniel.

"Yes we are. I called the guys and they are going to be over in a few minutes." Daniel said putting his arm over my back and rubbing my shoulder with his thumb.

After a few minutes of watching Hannah Montana, the guys walked into my house.

"Hey there love birds." Trey said jumping on the couch.

"Hey!" I said happily.

"Joey, sorry I forgot to tell you, the guys and I are going to go to a football game that is going on. I'll see you soon. Love you." Daniel said kissing my lips and walking out of the front door.

Well that was weird.

*Daniel's Point Of View* (yay)

"What? We are going to a football game?" Matt asked as we got into Blake's truck.

"Nope. You guys are going to help me plan a party for Joey. It's her birthday in two weeks and I don't have anything planned for her. Her mom is going to be away, her sister and father are dead, so I think we should all be there." I said.

"I'll help, it's the least I can do because no matter what, she has been there for me." Trey said.

"Let's do it." I said smiling.

"Wait, one problem," Matt started. "who are we going to invite. I know that we are all going to be there, Lindsey is going to be there, but who else?"

"I don't know and we can figure that out later. Let's just get everything. This is our secret." I said.

*at the party store*

"I have absolutely no clue as to what you need for a party." Blake murmured to us as we looked at random stuff.

It was just me, Blake, and Matt looking for stuff because as soon as we made it into the store, we lost Trey in here somewhere.

"Guys, look at this!" I heard someone say excitedly behind me.

I turned around to see Trey with giant sunglasses, multiple boas, a shiny party hat, and a coconut bra on. All of us bursted out laughing at him and put all of what he had on in the basket.

"Now we actually have to buy something of relevance. Maybe we should call Lindsey and see if she wants to come down here and help us?" Blake said putting a bag of Kit-Kats in the basket.

A few minutes later Lindsey walked in with her purse on her shoulder and instantly found us. She walked over to us and started helping.

"You guys obviously need plastic cups, plastic silver wear, and some paper plates. You all are complete idiots." She said laughing and putting all of that in the cart.

"Wait, but there is like twenty five different colours and themes. How do we know which one she wants?" Matt asked.

"Her favourite colour is purple." Lindsey and I said in sync.

"Hm, maybe you are a better boyfriend than I thought." She said turning around and walking down the decoration aisle.

"Just so you know, I'm a very good boyfriend." I said walking up next to her and pointing my finger at her.

"Yeah, that's why you kissed Rebecca and broke Joey's heart more than it already has been." Lindsey retorted, making me angry.

"Joey and I figured it out. We are perfectly fine and don't need your input on everything we do together. This is our relationship, not yours." I said in a hushed tone so we didn't draw a scene in the middle of a party store.

"I'm just saying, she could do so much better than the school's dreaded 'bad boy', because he dates girls and then leaves them." Lindsey said pushing me over the top.

"At least she doesn't date every guy she puts eyes on." I said and she shoved the basket toward me.

"You know what, figure it out on your own. There is no point in helping." She said turning on her feet and storming out of the party store.

*Joey's Point of View*

I was sitting on the couch watching another episode of Cops and just as someone got arrested, I heard a knock on the door.

"I'm coming!" I yelled getting up and walking to the door, which Brian was currently barking at.

I held Brian by the collar and pulled the door open. Lindsey stood there looking extremely mad, with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I want you to choose." She said quietly.

"Choose between what?"

"You have to choose, do you want me as your best friend, or Daniel as your boyfriend?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys!! Sorry for not updating for a long time. I have had a bunch of softball going on, first game is tomorrow, and school.

So I want to know what you would do if you were in Joey's place, would you choose Daniel of Lindsey?

Thank you guys so much for nearly 17K. That's absolutely crazy!!

I love you guys so much

See you next chapter