Chapter 30: I Chose...

Recap:

"I want you to choose." She said quietly.

"Choose between what?"

"You have to choose, do you want me as your best friend, or Daniel as your boyfriend?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You want me to choose between having you, or having Daniel?" I asked trying to clear up what I thought I had just heard.

"Yes. He is a total jerk that you don't need and if you need him that bad, you can say good bye to me." She said putting both of her hands on her hips.

"Can you give me some time?" I asked shaking my head.

"Yeah, but you have to have an answer by Saturday." She said.

I had three days to choose between my best friend or my boyfriend.

I closed the door and sat on the couch, putting my face in my hands, shedding a few tears. I shut the television off and just sat next to Brian, listening to Make It Rain by Ed Sheeran.

"We're home!" I heard Daniel yell.

I quickly wiped upset my eyes, trying to not have any tear marks, and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey." I said, my voice cracking.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asked putting a giant bottle of lemonade on the counter and rushing over to me. He wrapped his arms around me while I cried into his chest.

"Lindsey-" I tried to explain but I just couldn't. I kept crying until there want anything left in me which was about an hour and a half later.

"Do you think you can tell me what happened or do you want to talk about it tomorrow?" Daniel asked putting a piece of my hair behind my ear so he could see my face.

"Lindsey came to me and said I had to choose between her and you. If I want to be her friend then I can't date you and if I want to date you, I can't be friends with Lindsey." I said quietly.

"I'm not going to pressure you. If you choose her, just know that I will always love you." He said pecking my forehead.

He soon kissed my lips for a few seconds and then pulled away. He rested his forehead on mine and just stared into my eyes.

"But I want to have both of you," I said. "I need both of you." I whispered.

"Let's just watch television. You have a few days to figure out what you're going to do. I love you." He said and picked me up bridal style, setting me on top of him on the couch.

*Saturday*

I have to make my choice today.

Today is when I have to tell them who I choose.

I made my decision and I feel bad. I can't leave either of them but deep down inside I know who I should choose.

I woke up and quickly got changed into clothes that were comfortable. I walked downstairs and found Daniel sitting on the couch with Lindsey sitting on the chair across from him. The television was shut off and the whole room was completely quiet.

"Can I just eat breakfast first?" I said in a stressed tone.

"No, we want the answer now." Lindsey said.

"Just go eat breakfast, you can tell us after." Daniel said rubbing his hand over his forehead.

"Thank you." I mumbled and quickly ate a bowl of cereal.

I walked back into the living room, being followed by Brian. I sat down next to Daniel and he put his arm over my shoulder.

"Guys, I don't think I can do this. I love you both too much." I said about to cry.

"Well you have to choose." Lindsey said.

"Okay." I said with a few tears falling down my cheeks.

After a few seconds of quiet, Lindsey broke the silence. "Well?"

"I choose..... Lindsey." I said.

In a few seconds Daniel had stood up and stormed out of my house. Lindsey was smiling and jumped up to hug me.

I started crying because deep down I knew that I shouldn't have chosen Lindsey.

I made the wrong choice.

A best friend wouldn't make you choose between two people. Lindsey isn't my best friend and she will never be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AHHHH IM SO SORRY, IM A HORRIBLE PERSON I KNOW.

mMari toex