Chapter 18: National Championships

"Now you're 100% perfect to go out and play softball. Ready to go to nationals?" The doctor asked as he finished taking the cast off of my leg.

"Yep. I can't wait. I'll finally be back on the field and ready to win nationals!" I said confidently.

After he was completely done I walked out with Millie and Daniel.

"What was he talking about?" Daniel asked confused.

"Oh I didn't tell you? The girls won state championships and now we are going to nationals to play the best of the best." I said smiling.

I get to go to Houston, Texas to play in nationals with my team.

"That's great!" Daniel yelled pulling me into a hug and spinning me around.

"When do you leave?" Millie asked sadly.

"We leave tomorrow." I said pulling the three tickets from my purse and waving them in the air.

"We are going with you?" Millie yelled.

I nodded and Millie started running around the hospital chanting 'I'm going to nationals.'

"So we are really going with you?" Daniel asked with a smile.

"Yeah, since my mom isn't here coach said I could bring you and Millie." I explained as Daniel's smile grew wider.

"Let's get home, it's late and we have to wake up at 6am tomorrow." I said smiling, hearing a tired groan come from Daniel.

Once we got home I got into pajamas, got Millie into pajamas, and started towards my room.

"Joey come here." Daniel called out.

I walked in his room to find him sitting down on his bed rummaging through his clothes.

"What should I bring for tomorrow?" Daniel asked like a 11 year old girl getting ready for a 'date.'

"We are going to be there for a maximum of 5 days so pack enough for that time period." I said sitting down next to Daniel and looking through his pile of clothes that he only bothers to wash if they smell bad.

"Take this shirt. I am bringing mine." I said holding up his Guns and Roses shirt.

Daniel put that shirt and four more random shirts in his bag with two pairs of jeans and three pairs of shorts.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Daniel asked throwing his bag by the door and walking towards my room with me.

"The only thing I have to pack is a dress incase we win for awards and that's it." I said walking to my bag and pulling out the dress I wore the other day

"Don't wear that one. Let's get another one." Daniel said.

"But it's 9:00 and we have to wake up at 6. Millie is already asleep too." I said about to put the dress in the bag.

"Hold on a second." Daniel said pulling his phone out of his pocket and calling someone.

After a few minutes of Daniel talking on the phone and waiting for someone to show up the doorbell rang.

"Blake, Matt and Trey are here to watch Millie. Let's go!" Daniel yelled.

*at the store*

"I don't like dresses!" I whined to Daniel as he kept picking up different dresses for me to try on.

"Try all of these on." He said handing me three dresses.

"Fine!" I groaned and walked into the dressing room to try them on.