Chapter 4: New Friends

I woke up the next day after Daniel and I's little fight. He is so rude, annoying, vain, and he just frustrates me to no extent.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I found myself alone in a giant house that isn't even mine.

I swiftly grabbed an apple and ate it. I walked upstairs and got changed into my softball clothes. I walked outside to the garage and only saw Daniel's motorcycle. I found a bicycle and hopped on, throwing my softball stuff onto my back.

"Hey coach sorry I'm late." I said riding up to the field and getting off of the bike. I looked over to the other field and saw the football team practicing.

That's probably where the car, Daniel, and Millie all are.

"Come on Joey, you're up to bat." He demanded and walked back onto the field.

I love my coach.

I put my helmet and batting gloves on and walked out into the right handed batters box.

The first pitch I swung and missed.

Same with the next.

"Come on McDonald! What's wrong? Your arm numb?!" My coach yelled as he stood there shocked at my bat up to bat.

The next pitch I swung at with all of my might.

I missed.

"Nope. You're not leaving that batters box until you hit that ball!"

I got back into the box and swung at the next pitch hearing the crack of the bat. A smile spread across my face as the ball traveled through the air.

I made it home and saw that the ball landed in the middle of the football practice.

I jumped on the base and my whole team piled around me.

"That's my girl!" Coach said hugging my neck and walking me back into the dugout.

A few minutes later the whole football team came walking over with a single neon yellow ball in the hands of Daniel.

"Who the hell just hit that ball?" One of the players asked.

All eyes went on me as the whole football team gasped. I started blushing as Daniel threw the ball at me fast. I caught it with one hand right before it was about to hit my face.

"Nice reflexes McDonald." Daniel said crossing his arms and smirking.

"Jealous McCasey?" I asked with a strange glimpse of confidence, Daniel and the whole football team chuckled.

"I think that we could beat all of you guys in a game." One of the football players piped up.

"Really!" Daniel whined turning around and flipping him off.

"It's a challenge." I said smirking.

The whole football team went back to the their locker room and changed out of their pads and gear, into their normal clothes. When they came back they all had nervous looks on their faces.

"You guys get that dugout and that equipment. We get our dugout and our equipment." I said.

We all went to our dugouts and got ready to hit. I'm fourth in the line up so I got ready.

With the bases loaded I went up to the plate and saw Daniel was pitching. He threw the ball to the mitt and it wasn't even going 30 MPH.

The second pitch thrown I slapped it and it traveled over the fence. All four of the batters ran in and the team was already on the field there when I touched home.

By the end of the inning we were winning 13-0. I went out and did a few warm ups with Lindsey and called for a batter.

Daniel was first.

The first ball I threw was a fast ball landing as a strike in Lindsey's mitt.

"Holy crap." Daniel said looking up at me.

"I don't play softball!" Daniel yelled still looking shocked.

"You can give up now or continue and be humiliated." Lindsey said taking her mask off. The football team talked and decided to call it quits and my team won.

At the end of practice I went to get on the bike I found in the garage but was scared out of my whits by a car horn.

"Want a ride?" A familiar voice asked.

I turned around and saw Daniel with the car Mrs.McCasey had lent me.

I went to the car and put the bike in the back, getting in the front seat.

The whole car ride was awkward because neither of us talked.

We got home, I put the bike back and I put my softball stuff in the garage.

I was walking into the door as Daniel stopped me.

"Just because I gave up to you doesn't mean that you are better than me." Daniel said with a smirk.

~*~*~*~*~*

I was microwaving one of those freezer meals that you can just microwave and BAM you have dinner. I also warmed up the same thing for Millie and handed it to her. I sat down on the couch and started eating my sesame chicken with pasta when the front door opened.

Daniel and three other guys piled in and gave me a strange glance, seeing me with a mouth full of pasta in Star Wars pajamas and watching Duck Dynasty.

"Don't judge." I said with a mouth full of food and got back to my show.

"Wait that's the pitcher and homer girl." The one yelled.

All of the guys started talking as Daniel explained why I was pigging out on his couch and hogging his television.

"I'm Matt and you are an awesome player." the one with black hair said.

"I'm Cornelius, just kidding. I'm Blake." The one with blonde hair that was spiked said.

"I'm Trey. You need to teach me how to do that pitching thing." The one with light brown hair said shaking my hand.

"I'm Joey. I'm hungry touch my food and you won't have any hands." I said giving them a smile and eating my food.

"Feisty. Now I know not to touch your food." Matt said with wide eyes.

"He catches on quick." I mumbled.

This is going to be a long night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Come on! You can pitch like a pro but you can't throw a football!" Trey yelled throwing his hands up in the air.

I can pitch and hit good but I was never made to throw a football.

"I'm sorry I don't play football! If I did play, I could throw the ball." I yelled.

Millie sat on the porch laughing her little head off while Daniel, Blake, Matt, and Trey were all getting frustrated with me because I can't throw a football.

"Here. Hold the end of the stitches and throw just like a softball." Matt said coming behind me and holding the ball and my hand at the same time.

I threw the ball and Daniel caught it with no problem.

"YES!" I cheered.

I started doing this little happy dance in the middle of the yard knowing that the guys and Millie were watching me. I heard Millie's adorable little giggle coming from her and the guys were silent.

I stopped my dance and looked up to see the guys watching me as if I I was E.T. and just landed on the earth.

"Wow, you're a special one aren't you?" Blake asked shaking his head.

"You have no idea."

Living With the Bad Boyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें