Chapter 13: Rumours and Revenge

Walking into school that day all eyes were on me and people were laughing.

"You're Joey McDonald right?" A girl on the cheer squad asked walking up to me.

"Yeah, can you tell me what's going on?" I questioned confused.

The girl stood there looking at me and then all of the sudden burst into a laughing fit. I looked at her weird and just stood there awkwardly waiting for her to talk.

"Um, what's wrong?" I asked.

The girl stopped laughing and looked me in the eyes.

"You fell for Daniel's stupid games and I'll just leave it at that." She said smirking and walking away.

What is going on?

I started walking towards my locker but Blake, Trey, and Matt ran up and blocked my path.

"Woah Woah Woah! You're not going to your locker are you?" Matt yelled.

"I was kind of planning on it." I said annoyed.

"Why don't you go to the field?" Blake asked throwing his arm over my shoulder and steered me towards the door.

"What, to just make me feel even worse? I'm going to my locker." I snapped and turned around.

I walked towards my locker as the three guys followed behind me, whispering and breathing heavily. I finally made it to my locker and faced the guys.

"What's wrong?" I asked pulling my locker open and hundreds of papers flooded out of my locker and onto the ground.

"What is this?" I asked bending down and picking one up.

There was a picture of Daniel and Rebecca kissing. There was a caption on it reading 'I told you so.'

I picked up a few more of the pictures and they were all the same.

Daniel cheated.

Daniel cheated on me.

Daniel cheated on me with Rebecca.

"Is this why you didn't want me to go to my locker?" I asked the guys, my voice cracking.

They all looked down as a tear escaped my eye and rolled down to my chin.

I slammed my locker closed and started limping quickly to find Daniel.

I turned the corner and found Rebecca smirking and Daniel next to her. Daniel ran up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I snapped, shrugging his hand off and a steady stream of tears escaping my eyes.

"What? Why?" Daniel asked confused.

"You cheated on me! Daniel you fricken cheated on me. I trusted you!" I yelled.

A crowd of people had gathered around Daniel and I.

"What are you-"

I held up the picture of Daniel and Rebecca kissing, Daniel went silent.

"I'm sorry." Daniel quietly said.

"You're sorry. You're sorry for cheating on me? If you really were sorry then you wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place. I will pretend to like you at home, only for Millie's sake, but I hate you. I hate you Daniel McCasey." I said throwing the paper at Daniel and walking away.

As I walked through the halls all eyes were on me. Everyone was looking at me because I was the stupid girl that fell for the bad boy.

"Hey! Joey where are you going?" Lindsey asked after she stopped me in the hallway.

"Home." I said and kept walking.

I walked outside and into the parking lot. I walked to my car and got in. I drove off, turning on Miss Jackson and driving home.

Once I got home I walked upstairs into my room and into the closet. I pulled out the toilet paper, Barbie Stickers, spray paint, and Christmas lights. Since Daniel and I went together to school today, his motorcycle was still in the garage.

I opened the spray paint and got to work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I stood back at what I had done to Daniel's motorcycle.

It was covered in pink spray paint, Barbie stickers scattered on the whole thing, there was Christmas lights strung all over it, and there was toilet paper hanging off the back.

I took the end of the light strip and plugged it into the wall. The whole bike was illuminated.

Perfect.

I walked back inside and started to make food.

The front door opened and closed. Daniel walked in, throwing the keys onto the kitchen counter.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Daniel looking at me. He walked upstairs without a word said.

I picked up the keys and walked out to the car. I got in and drove off towards Millie's school.

I parked the car and got out. I walked inside and to the door. The door was closed so I waited outside like all the other ladies.

"Who's mom are you?" The lady next to me asked.

"I'm not a mom. I'm a babysitter, well, kind of. She is my responsibility for the rest of the month. Millie McCasey." I explained.

"Millie is such a sweetheart. I really like her. You must be Joey McDonald." The lady said.

"Yeah. Not being rude, but how do you know me?"

"I am a helper on Wednesdays. Today they are bringing home a project. Millie's is precious." She said just as the door opened and the little kids piled out with papers in their hands.

"JoJo!" Millie yelled jumping into my arms.

"Ready to go home?" I asked with a smile in my face.

"Yeah! Look at the picture I drew." Millie said handing me a piece of paper.

The title read 'My Family' and below was a picture of two girls and one boy. Above the people's heads read 'Millie, JoJo, and Danny'.

"This is beautiful Millie." I said quietly.

Daniel should have thought before he cheated.