Chapter 26: Brian

*1 Month Later*

"I can't believe I lasted another school year here." I said taking the last binder out of my locker and closing it shut, letting the combination leave my thoughts.

"Now we can do what ever we want, when ever we want, and with who ever we want, all summer long." Daniel said putting his arm over my shoulder and walking us out to my car.

"Actually, I have to go somewhere tonight." I said putting all of my stuff in the trunk and closing it shut.

"But I was going to take you to the beach tonight." Daniel whined, pulling the puppy dog face at me.

"You can come with me. Since my mom is going on a business trip this summer, I will be alone at my house so she said that I can go get a dog." I said smiling.

"You aren't going to be alone this summer because you have me and the guys, and now a dog." Daniel said smiling.

"You are going to help me pick out the dog but I am naming it!" I said making sure that he understood who was naming it.

"Fine." Daniel huffed.

~*~*~*~*

"Oh my gosh! Look at him!" I yelled running to the German Shepard in the back of the room.

Daniel finally agreed on adopting a dog that was rescued. Right now we are looking through the Humane Society and I flip out over every dog that I see.

"I have always wanted a German Shepard!" I said but the truth is, my dad always wanted one so now I want to get one for him, even though he will never see him.

"Are you sure this is the one you want because back there you were sure that you wanted the husky, then you were sure that you wanted the malamute, them you were sure you wanted the black lab, then-" Daniel started listing every dog that I had already said that I wanted but I know that I am getting the German Shepard.

"My dad always wanted a German Shepard but my mom never let him. Now that my mom trusts me to get my own dog, I am getting the German Shepard." I explained so Daniel would quit questioning me.

"I swear, when you get older, you are going to be that old cat lady but instead of cats you will hoard dogs." Daniel said making me burst into an unattractive fit of laughter.

Soon one of the people working walked by us, took a double take, and turned back to walk over to us.

"Is she okay?" The lady asked Daniel while pointing to me as I kept laughing.

"Yeah, she is just, special." Daniel said grabbing my head and hugging it.

The lady walked away, rolling her eyes in the process. Daniel burst out laughing and after we were done laughing, went to sign the papers.

"Do you two have a name for the dog yet?" The person at the front desk asked while getting all of the necessities for a dog together.

"I want to name him Brian." I said smiling.

"Why would you name the dog Brian?" Daniel asked.

"Because that's the name of the dog in Family Guy." I said signing the last paper.

"If you're sure on the name you can get tags for him in that machine but you are all ready to go. Here is everything you need and your new dog." I took the leash with Brian on the other end while Daniel carried the food.

"Let's go to your new home but first the pet store." I said putting Brian in the back of the car.

Daniel finished putting the food in the back of the trunk and sat in the back seat instead of the front.

"Why are you sitting back there?" I asked laughing.

"I want to sit with Brian so he isn't lonely." Daniel said petting his head.

"You are a large man-child."

~*~*~*~

"Mom I'm home!" I yelled holding Brian's leash in one hand and Daniel's hand in the other.

"Yay, I want to see the dog you got!" She said excitedly, clapping her hands.

When she turned the corner she looked at the dog and started smiling.

"You got a German Shepard, that's what dad always wanted." Her eyes started watering.

"Yeah, that's why I got him. His name is Brian." I said smiling.

"And there goes the moment," she said in a monotone voice but laughed, "you named the dog Brian, as in Brian Griffin?"

"Yep." I said smiling confidently.

"Daniel, can you please stay for dinner tonight?" My mom asked looking at him.

"Yeah, I don't have anything going on because school is out." He said smiling and looking down at me.

"Thank you. Before you two leave to go do whatever, I have to tell you, Joey, something. Daniel I need you here to be a witness if she hurts me." I mom said smiling.

"Joey, I met a guy. He is coming for dinner tonight. That's why I want you and Daniel to be here to meet him and his son." She explained.

My mom has met only a few guys since my father passed away. I guess that she never really got over him passing, them being high school sweethearts. The guys that she had met were all nice, but eventually she went into a small depressed state and just decided to break up with them.

"If you are happy, I'm happy. I will support you in this relationship because you support mine." I said looking up to Daniel and he kissed my lips for a few seconds.

"Thank you so much Joey." She said hugging me.

"No problem." I said hugging her back.

"He is coming to eat dinner at 8:00. Please don't burp, chew with your mouth open, get food all over, or get food on yourself. Please dress nicely, not in band shirts, and please act like a normal girl." She said setting all of the rules for tonight.

"Mom, I'm not 10." I said in a little kid voice.

"Sometimes I question that." I heard her mumble and Daniel started laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Heyo!!

Thank you guys so much for almost 11K. It feels like just the other day I posted the first chapter but that was actually in November.

I won't be updating very frequently because softball is starting up again and we are going into state testing AGAIN.

I love you guys so much and I can't thank you enough for just voting and commenting.

Whenever you guys comment little things on some paragraphs that make me smile, I love that.

Thank you for being the best.

See you next chapter.