Chapter 28: Fancy Seeing You Here, Part 2

"And then it exploded because of the arrow and the Capitol-" I was trying to explain the Hunger Games to Dave, but failed miserably.

"Shh, just stop talking and eat." Daniel said kissing my forehead.

"I thought I was doing pretty good." I said pouting, pretending to be mad.

"But it's so much easier to just watch the movies." Daniel said.

"Fine." I said taking the plate of Calamari from the centre of the table and putting more on my plate.

"What is this stuff? It's really good." Trey asked, putting another calamari ring in his mouth.

"Fried squid." I said plainly.

Trey started laughing nervously and looking at the plate in front of him.

"You're kidding right?" Trey asked.

"Nope, the legs are the best because they are crunchy." I said breaking the legs off of one and crunching down on it.

"Oh my gosh, I have been enjoying fried squid." Trey said downing his whole bottle of water.

I looked over to see my mom and Dave in a deep conversation about something. The way Dave looked at my mom made my heart melt. He looked like he really loved her and she looked like she really loved him.

Maybe this is the guy.

Maybe my mom will get married to Trey's dad.

"Is anyone else done?" Daniel asked standing up and stacking my plate on top of his.

"Yes, thank you." Dave said handing his and mom's plates already stacked on one another.

"Joey, can you please grab Trey's plate and help me put them in the dishwasher?" Daniel asked while walking into the kitchen.

"I can do it." Trey said standing up.

"I will get it because I have to take out dessert." I said taking his plate out of his hand and running into the kitchen.

"You wash, I'll put in the dishwasher." I said putting the plate I was carrying next to the stack.

"You do know that you're turning 18 in a few months?" Daniel asked smiling at me.

"Yeah but you are turning 18 in a few weeks!" I said.

"How do you know when my birthday is?" Daniel asked handing me the first plate and silver wear.

"I could ask the same question." I said smirking.

"Touché, but seriously, what do you want for your birthday?" Daniel asked handing me two more plates.

"I don't really know. I don't really plan that far ahead." I said.

"I already know what I'm getting you because it will be one of the best birthday presents ever!" I said making excited arm movements.

"If it really is the best birthday present ever then you are going to get an amazing birthday present." Daniel said closing the dishwasher as I walked over to the fridge to get the cannoli out of the fridge.

"I love you." Daniel said walking up to me, putting his forehead against mine and putting his hands on my hips.

"I love you too." I said putting my arms around his neck and connecting my lips to his.

A few seconds after our lips connected there was the sound of someone clearing their throat next to us.

"I think you might see that lasagna again." Trey said pretending to puke.

"You're mean." I said taking the plate of calamari from him and putting into a ZipLock container.

"I know." Trey said smiling and opening the fridge for me.

"Are you two ready for football tryouts next month?" I asked sitting down next to Daniel at the island in the middle of our kitchen.

"Not really. I haven't practiced in a few months, coach said that the four of us would be on the team anyway because we are going to be seniors and he wants us on his team." Daniel said looking to Trey.

"We should go back into the dining room so the cannoli don't get warm and they don't worry." I said taking the small plate and walked in.

"I was wondering where the three of you went." Dave said looking from my mom to us.

"I brought the cannoli." I said setting the plate down, setting the small dessert plates next to it.

*after dinner*

"Thank you for a wonderful evening." My mom said to Dave, looking at him with love.

"Thank you for an amazing dinner. I will see you sometime this week." He said kissing her cheek. "Nice meeting you Daniel and Joey." I waved as he walked out and Trey lingered for a few seconds.

"Want to go to the beach tomorrow with Blake and Matt?" Trey asked.

"Sure, can I bring Brian?" I asked petting his head.

"Sure, see you tomorrow at 12." He said walking out, closing the door behind him.

"Is it okay if Daniel stays over tonight?" I asked my mom.

"Sure. Thank you both for being here tonight and behaving." She said hugging the both of us.

"Any time." Daniel says kissing her cheek before we walked upstairs.

I quickly got changed into a pair of Nike running shorts and a softball shirt that had my last name on the back.

I walked out and saw Daniel in basketball shorts and no shirt on. I quickly looked at all of his tattoos and then went to go plug my phone in.

I quickly went through my twitter, instagram, and vine, seeing that nothing had really happened.

"Joey, what are these?" Daniel asked.

I turned around and found him holding up my old boxing gloves.

I used to live in the bad side of town before I moved to where I live now. Almost every week there was someone on my block either stabbed to death or shot. The one time it was my best friend and I didn't want to be the next person on the news because they were stabbed to death, so I took self-defence classes and boxing.

"I used to take boxing." I said walking over to him and taking them from him.

"Why haven't you ever told me this?" He asked, flabbergasted.

"I guess it just never came up." I said putting them on the top shelf of my closet so I wouldn't have to look at them.

I hated living in the hood so I try my best to forget.

"Did I say something wrong?" Daniel asked coming up behind me, snaking his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"It's just that I used to live in the hood, that's why I took boxing. I started after my friend was stabbed at a gas station. You didn't know, you didn't do anything wrong." I said pecking his lips and crawling into bed.

Daniel shut the lights off and crawled in next to me.

"I love you Joey." He said kissing my shoulder.

"I love you Daniel."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two updates in two days!! This is a first.

I hope you guys likes this chapter and in the next few chapters there will be some drama between some people and something will happen. 😏

I guess you will just have to wait to find out.

I love you guys so much

See you next chapter