Chapter 44: Valedictorian

"My Joey McDonald report down to the office. Thank you." Mr.Riker said over loud speaker.

"Joey that's you." The teacher said as I gathered my stuff.

"What did you do?" Matt whispered to me.

"I don't know but I'll figure out." I said nervously and walked out of the classroom.

"Joey!" I heard someone yell behind me as I walked towards the office.

"Why do they need you?" Daniel asked catching up to me.

"I don't know. I haven't done anything bad lately." I said running my hand through my thick hair, something I did when I get nervous.

"You'll be fine. Trust me." Daniel said kissing my forehead.

"Thanks. See you soon." I said once we got to the office.

"Good luck babe." He said smiling at me and walking away.

"Joey, you're here! Come into my office." Mr.Riker greeted me. I followed him into his office and sat down in the same chair that I sat in when Daniel and Macro got into the fight.

"I wanted to talk to you about graduation. We don't have a Valedictorian for your graduating class yet. Would you consider being the Valedictorian?" He asked and I sat there speechless.

"Why me? I don't have all A's." I asked.

"You are a role model to smaller children. Daniel told me how much his little sister looks up to you. You overcame adversity during your softball season. Joey, you deserve this." Mr.Riker explained.

"Thank you." I said slightly blushing.

"Will you do this?" Mr.Riker asked.

"Yes." I said smiling.

"Daniel was the one who suggested you." Mr.Riker whispered to me before I walked out.

"What happened?" Daniel asked smiling when I walked out.

"Thank you!" I yelled jumping into his arms and hugging him. I wrapped my legs around his lower torso and he held me up.

"No problem." Daniel said through laughs.

"I love you so much." I said pecking his lips and dropping my feet to the ground.

"I love you too babe." He said just before the bell rang.

"Let's go to lunch." Daniel said taking my hand in his and leading me to the lunch room.

"Jo, what did Mr.Riker need you for?" Matt asked as he ran

"Someone here suggested me for valedictorian." I said nudging Daniel.

"Congrats Joey!" Matt said excitedly, absentmindedly talking amongst the three of us while we waited for Blake, Cat, and Trey.

"Since I got you into this, I will help you with the speech at home." Daniel said.

"Thanks. I can't believe we are all graduating in two months." I said smiling at the thought of holding my diploma in my hands.

~*~

"What should I even talk about? The only speech I have ever heard was on The Secret Life of the American Teenager." I said holding a pad of paper in one hand and a pen in the other.

"Talk about the friends you've made, the teachers who helped you, the softball team." Daniel suggested more ideas.

"Okay." I huffed and wrote down bullet points.

"You will be just fine. What if we go to sleep to get your mind off of the speech and in the morning we can work on it." Daniel said kissing my forehead and leading me upstairs.

I changed into pajamas, washed my face, and crawled into bed next to Daniel. I snuggled my head into his bare chest and fell asleep in a couple minutes.

~*~

"What if I talk about some challenges I have had through high school? Would that be good or just sappy?" I asked with the same pen and paper in my hands.

"Do that. It might make it more interesting." Daniel said bringing over two cups of coffee, one for me and one for himself.

"I'm going to go check the mail while you work on this. We haven't checked since we moved in." Daniel said standing up and walking out the door with the mail keys in his hands.

I wrote down a couple more bullet points before Daniel came running in with four large envelopes in his hands.

"These are for you and this is for me." Daniel said handing me three envelopes and taking one for himself.

I opened the first envelope that was from The Ohio State University.

The first sentence is what made me nearly choke on my coffee.

'Joey McDonald, you have been expected into The Ohio State University.'

"I got in. I got into Ohio State." I said waving the paper in the air with the biggest smile on my face.

"Open the other two!" Daniel yelled while he waited to open his until I was done.

The other two envelopes were from the University of Alabama and the other one was from the University of Florida, neither school one that I applied for.

"I wonder what these are for?" I asked opening Alabama first.

'You have been recruited to play softball at the University of Alabama.'

"Oh my gosh." I whispered under my breath and smiled.

'You have been recruited to play softball at the University of Florida.'

"I got recruited to play the the best college for softball in the country!" I yelled jumping up and down.

"Where did you get accepted to?" I asked Daniel excitedly.

"The University of Florida." He said smiling and pulling me in for a big hug.

"We are going to go to college together!" I said excitedly.

"I didn't only get accepted, I got recruited for Football." Daniel said smiling and spinning me around the living room.

"We are going to be one of those cute sports couples in the trashy movies!" I yelled laughing.

"Joey, I can't believe we are going to spend all
Four years of college together." He said kissing my lips for a few seconds and then pulling away.

"I can't believe I got recruited to the best college for softball." I said squealing like a 13 year old girl who just met Justin Bieber.

"You're so cute." Daniel said pulling me onto the couch and turning on F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Can we just talk about the fact that this book has nearly 50K.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Thank you guys so much for reading and I can't believe we are almost to 50.

COMMENT WHAT COLLEGE YOU WANT TO GO TO WHEN YOU GRADUATE!

I want to go to Ohio State so bad and my parents want me to go too.

Thank you all so much for reading.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow

See you next chapter