Chapter 31: No Offence

*3 Days Later*

"Do you want to go to the mall and look at boys. I heard that-" Lindsey hasn't stopped talking for the past hour about guys and I am about to rip her arm off and smack her in the face with it.

"Can we just go out to eat. I'm not ready to get into another relationship." Because I need to clear everything up. I don't need Lindsey.

I need Daniel.

"Fine, let's go." She said standing up, grabbing her purse and pulling me outside.

We got in the car and settled on going to McDonald's. All of the sudden she took a wrong turn, towards Daniel's house.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"We're going to McDonald's, just a different route." She said.

In complete silence, we drove past Daniel's house, just to see him sitting outside smoking a cigarette. I watched in agony as he pulled the cigarette from near his legs, and had drawn it to his mouth, blowing a cloud of smoke.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked.

"Because, I want to see how pathetic he is without you." She said laughing.

"He isn't pathetic. He is just broken, and I still love him and I always will. He is anything but pathetic, it's pathetic that you would even call him that. I have to tell you that I made the wrong choice. I need Daniel. I want Daniel." I yelled.

"What do you think you're talking about?" She asked worriedly.

"I should have said that I wanted to keep Daniel. You aren't a real friend, you're a horrible person who wants to make me suffer. A real best friend would support me and my relationships, not make me choose. Might as well just drop me off here because I don't want to be with you if you dislike Daniel." I said.

Suddenly she slammed on the brakes, reached across me, and opened my door. I unbuckled and jumped out of the car, slamming the door shut. Lindsey drove off, screeching her tires as she left.

By the time she actually stopped the car, I was too far from Daniel's house and it was just easier to go into the city and call for a cab.

I started towards downtown Cleveland, making a shortcut through the East Side. I made it up near the football stadium, Browns to be specific, and found a bench to sit down on.

"Are you okay?" Someone asked.

I looked up to see a girl a bit older than me, standing there. She looked down at me, wearing a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey with LeBron James' name and number on it.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said. She smile and kept walking.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Trey's number. There was a few rings and then he finally picked up.

"Hey Joey! What's up?" He asked happily.

"Can you please come pick me up. I'm outside of the football stadium." I asked desperately.

"Yeah, but may I ask why?"

"Long story, I'll tell you on the way." I said hanging up and within 10 minutes he was rolling up in front of me.

A couple of minutes later Trey drove up in front of me and I got into the car. As soon as I got into the car he started asking questions.

"Why were you sitting out there alone?" Trey asked as we drove off.

"Do you want the short story or the whole story?" I asked.

"The whole story, I want every detail from the beginning to the end." He said.