Chapter 27: Fancy Seeing You Here Part 1

"Joey, are you dressed yet?" My mom yelled upstairs.

"Yep, here I am." I said walking into the kitchen where she was cooking lasagna, calamari, and had cannoli already made.

My mom turned around looking up and down at my outfit. "Go change into a dress please." She said.

I was wearing a Guns n Roses top with Axl singing into a mic on it, black ripped shorts, and a pair of all black Converse.

"Don't have one." I said smirking.

"A skirt." She retorted.

"Haven't had one since I was 7."

"Just go put on a nice shirt." She said throwing her hands up in the air.

"Excuse me but I think Axl Rose looks beautiful." I said putting my hand over my heart.

"I do too but you don't see me wearing Guns n Roses shirts and singing Welcome to the Jungle in my sleep do you?" She said laughing.

"That was one time!" I yelled running upstairs back into my room.

"She said no Axl." I said to Daniel and pouted.

"I thought you looked fine." Daniel said laughing.

He walked up to me and pressed his lips to mine. He stayed there, kissing me, for a few seconds and then pulled away.

"You have to get ready before your mom's boyfriend gets here." Daniel said looking down at me and pressing his lips to my forehead.

"But I want to kiss you." I pouted.

"We can kiss later. Your mom won't be happy if you aren't ready. Like you said, she hasn't dated many guys since your dad died so please at least try to behave yourself tonight." Daniel said smiling.

"Fine but help me pick out a shirt." I said.

Eventually I just gave up and changed my whole outfit. I had on a black New York tank top, maroon shorts, a jean button up, and white high top converse.

"Is this better?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Yes, thank you." Just as my mom said that the door bell rang.

"Oh no, do I look fine?" My mom asked flipping her hair and messing with her earrings.

"You look fine. I will take out the lasagna and calamari, Daniel will put the cannoli in the fridge, you go get your guy." I said smiling.

"Thank you." She said kissing mine and Daniel's cheeks, scurrying off to the front door.

"How will you feel if your mom really likes this guy and you will then have a new dad and a brother?" Daniel asked closing the refrigerator.

"I don't want to sound rude or anything but no matter how much I like this guy, he will never be able to replace my dad." I said tearing up at the thought of my dad.

"Don't worry, I understand." Daniel said coming over to me and hugging me.

Just as soon as Daniel hugs me or kisses me, I instantly feel like no one can hurt me and I am safe.

"Joey! Daniel! Come meet Joe." My mom yelled.

I heard one of them mumble something and I turned the corner to see someone I never thought I would see.

*Trey's Point Of View* (yay)

"Dad, I don't want to go!" I yelled.

"I really like her and I think you will too, please just come. She has a daughter your age." My dad said trying to persuade me into going to this dinner with a girl my dad has been dating.

"If I come will you take me to the Ohio State vs Michigan game this year?" I asked.

"Yes, and if you get along with her daughter and she likes football, she can come too." My dad said shutting off all of the lights throughout the house and walking to his car in the garage.

"Just so you know, I am not happy about this. I'm glad that you're meeting people and you're happy, but I wanted to go get the new GTA." I said.

I know it's selfish that I would put my wants in front of my dad's happiness but I need something to do now that football season is over.

"You can't get it tomorrow. Just please be on your best behaviour." My dad said pulling into the driveway of Joey's house.

My dad is dating Lilly?

I just kept quiet so I acted like I had no clue where I was and I had no clue who lived here because that is probably what he wants.

My dad stopped on their front step and just stared at the door, fidgeting his hands.

"Are you going to ring the doorbell or not?" I asked laughing because he was nervous.

"Oh yeah." He said pressing the doorbell.

About a minute later Lilly came to answer the door. I had met her briefly twice but never had a real conversation so she might not remember me.

"Joe!" She said hugging my dad and kissing his lips.

"You must be Trey, I'm Lilly." She said hugging me.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said hugging back.

She turned around and called for Joey and Daniel.

They both turned the corner smiling and holding hands.

I really wish I had a relationship like theirs. One where I can argue with her about the best band or the best player on a football team. One where I don't feel any pressure to be perfect, that she will love me for who I am.

"Trey!" Joey yelled and ran up to me, hugging me.

"You already know him?" Lilly asked confused.

"Yeah, when I say that I'm going to hang out with the guys, Daniel and Trey are half of them." Joey said.

"Well then, this will be 10 times less awkward than it initially was going to be." My dad said making all of us laugh.

All of the sudden I heard what sounded like a dog running down the stairs, and to my surprise, I was right.

"Since when did you have a dog?" I asked as he ran up to me, sniffing me and kissing me.

"Since the other day. His name is Brian." Joey said making him sit.

"Like the dog in Family Guy?" I asked laughing.

"See! Someone gets it!" Joey yelled to Daniel.

"So is this your brother Joey?" My dad asked pointing to Daniel.

"Well, we kiss so that would be weird." Daniel said.

Joey started blushing and laughing at the same time.

"I am so sorry. This is a horrible start." My dad said running his hand through his hair.

"Oh don't worry, this is going just fine." Joey said patting my dad's back as we all walked into the kitchen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys!!

Thank you all so much for 12K reads. I can't thank you all enough.

I thought Trey being Lilly's boyfriend's son would be a good twist.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND LEAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IF YOU WANT.

I love you guys and I can't wait to upload the next chapter.

I'm sorry it took forever to get this one up. Softball just started back up, I have it 3 times a week, we are having to do MORE state testing, and I am a professional procrastinater, join the procrastination club!

Thank you all so much.

See you next chapter