Chapter 14: New Look

"Why would he cheat on me?" I asked Blake.

After school Blake came over to check on me. It is now 11 o'clock at night and we are still talking.

"Well-"

"It was a rhetorical question." I said in a monotone voice.

"Sorry." Blake said with a small smile.

"I'm hungry. Let's go get food." I said jumping down from my bed and walking downstairs.

I pulled out a microwave bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave.

While we were waiting for the popcorn to finish popping a loud scream came from the garage.

Daniel ran in seconds later with a shocked and angry look on his face.

"What happened to my motorcycle?" Daniel yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to hide the fact that I did it.

Blake, Daniel, and I all walked into the garage and found Daniel's motorcycle like I had left it. The lights weren't plugged in so I walked over to the end of the cord and plugged them into the wall.

"Oh my gosh." Daniel said under his breath.

"Whoever did this is good." Blake snickered.

"No, they're not good," Daniel said in a sour tone, "they recked the only thing I love besides Millie and my mom." Daniel said.

I looked down at my feet as my face heated up. I felt the tears rise but I made sure they didn't escape.

The only things he loves is Millie and him mom.

Not me.

"I know you did this." Daniel said walking me back until my back hit the wall.

"I know you did this to get back at me for cheating on you. I will get you right back, you just wait McDonald." Daniel said walking back into the house, slamming the door behind him.

"Why don't you just sleepover." I suggested.

We walked back inside and almost instantly fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Blake wake up!" I yelled as soon as I woke up because in my dream I had a good idea.

"What?" Blake asked groggily.

"Take me to a salon. I am changing my hair." I said grinning.

"We have school today."

"We can just come in late." I said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So what do you want?" Pam, the lady at the salon asked.

"To dye the ends of my hair blue." I said confidently.

"Ok. Let's go." She said smiling and guiding me to a chair.

I sat down in the chair and she pumped it up so I was taller and could see in the mirror.

"So, why are you doing this to your hair?" Pam asked.

"I went through a bad break up and thought why not take on a different hair style?" I said as she sprayed the water into my hair, combing through it.

"You want a different hair style and colour because of a bad break up, you're cool." Pam said while pulling out the dye.

"Thanks."

"Would it be to soon to ask what happened to result in breaking up?" Pam asked.

"Well, my now ex boyfriend cheated on me with a girl that has hated me since day one. I hate the girl but truthfully, I miss him." I said quietly.

"Who are you with right now?" She asked with a smirk.

"My friend." I laughed.

"You know I went through a bad break up a while ago too."

"What happened?"

"My boyfriend and I had a fight because I thought he was seeing someone else. After our fight he stormed out of my house and drove off. Later that night I got a call that he had gotten into a car accident and wouldn't make it. It was one of the hardest things ever." Pam said finishing my hair.

"I'm sorry." I said standing up because she was done and she looked like she needed a hug.

"It's okay. You're special you know? Here's my number. If you ever need someone to talk to or hand out with, call me." She said writing her number on a piece of paper and handing it to me.

I took the small piece of paper in my hands and put it in my pocket. I hugged Pam once more and walked over to Blake.

"Woah. That looks different, but I like it." Blake said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Thanks Blake. I'm going to pay and we can leave." I said taking out my wallet.

"On the house." Pam said holding her hand up.

"Thanks." I said walking out of the door, followed by Blake.

I walked in the parking lot and got into Blake's truck. I closed my door and Blake got in the drivers side, starting the car up.

"We are going to school, right?" Blake asked backing up.

"Yeah."

"Aren't you worried that you'll see Daniel with Rebecca or something?" Blake asked quietly.

"Nope. Not at all." I said with a confident smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Blake and I walked into school the bell had just rung so everybody was making their way to their next class. As soon as I stepped foot in the school all eyes were on Blake and I.

Just to make Daniel mad that I was out the whole day with Blake, I tried to find him. I looked all over until I ran into someone, Marco.

"Hey Marco." I said giving a small, awkward wave.

"If you're looking for Daniel he isn't here." He said annoyed.

"What do you mean?"

"Daniel must have skipped school today. He was here the first two periods and no one has seen him since." Marco explained and walked away.

I shrugged it off and walked to my 6th period class.