Chapter 7: Silent Treatment

I woke up in the house that I wish I could abandon. I walked downstairs and found myself alone in the kitchen. I quickly scarfed down a granola bar and ran back upstairs.

When I got upstairs I ran into Daniel, literally.

"Hey Joey-" Daniel started but I kept walking.

I walked into my room and slammed my door, put my back against the door and slid down. I touched the ground and started crying into my hands. My life of one predicament after another. Last week I was the invisible girl that no one knew about and I wish it could have stayed like that.

I threw on a Ramones tank, ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of black combat boots. Today was a bad day so I didn't really dress up. I added the smallest amount of mascara possible and picked up my black hoodie.

I walked downstairs, threw my bag on my back and walked outside. Today I wanted to just blend in like usual and have no one pay attention to me.

I noticed 'my' car still in the driveway so I walked back inside and got the keys. I put my bag in the back and started up the car. I drove to school while listening to Fall Out Boy.

I walked into school and made my way threw the halls to my locker. I walked to my first period class and sat down. I sat in the back so no one would care if I was or wasn't here.

I realised that I had forgotten a pencil in my locker so I walked back into the halls and to my locker.

The bell rang as I slammed my locker closed and started walking back. As I turned the corner I found Daniel and Rebecca kissing.

I cleared my throat and their eyes went from closed to on my and their lips went from on each other's to separated. Rebecca wore a twisted smirk on her face and Daniel had a blank expression.

"Sorry to ruin your fun." I said turning the opposite way of class and walking out. I walked to my locker, put my pencil away, and walked outside.

I pulled the keys out of my bag and got into 'my' car and drove off. I looked threw my rearview mirror and saw Daniel walking out of the school and looking around.

I shook my head and turned on Brain Stew by Green Day and drove down the street till I made it back to the house.

I got out of the car and ran inside. I grabbed some of my money and got back into my car.

I went to Walmart and I bought a bunch of toilet paper, Barbie Stickers, spray paint, and Christmas lights. I payed for all of the stuff and walked back outside to my car. I drove back to the house and his the stuff I bought in the closet.

I drove back to school and walked into lunch. I sat down at the table with Lindsey while she was eating.

"Where have you been?" Lindsey asked with her mouth full of food.

"I had to grab a few things. Nothing to worry about." I said smirking.

"Did you buy stuff that would put you in a situation to be arrested?" Lindsey asked.

"Possibly." I said plainly as Lindsey was smiling and shaking her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After school I walked into the parking lot and found Daniel kissing Rebecca again. I didn't do anything this time and just walked by the the car.

I got in, driving back to the house. When I looked behind me in the rearview mirror I saw Daniel on his motorcycle behind me.

I got in the car and started the car up and started blasting Fall Out Boy through the speakers. I put on I Don't Care loud enough that Daniel could hear and drove off.