Chapter 9: Confessions

I couldn't sleep the whole night because of what I had heard Daniel say last night.

I think I love Joey.

His 5 simple words kept running through my head. I fell asleep around 3 in the morning and when I woke up in the morning I had a head ache, I had a runny nose, and my stomach hurt like you couldn't believe.

I can't go to school.

I limped downstairs and into the kitchen, getting a Gatorade and a bucket incase, you know.

I sat down on the couch and just laid there until I heard footsteps that stopped when they walked into the kitchen.

"Joey, are you okay?" The last person I wanted to see right now asked.

"No. I can't go to school today." I said and coughing.

"Fine. I'll skip school today and I will take care of you." Daniel said walking away without letting me say anything.

He took the keys and walked out of the door and drove away. I laid on the couch alone with the television remote 10 feet away from the couch. I was so sick I didn't even bother to get the remote.

While I was alone I was thinking to myself about what Daniel had said.

Do I love him?

Do I believe that he loves me?

I think I might like him a little but I don't think that he loves me. I just don't know how to feel right now.

About fifteen minutes later the door opened and I heard the rustling of grocery bags. Daniel walked in with cans of chicken noodle soup and three of my favourite movies, Aladdin, Jumanji, and Anchorman.

"I'll cook some soup. You choose a movie." Daniel said taking a can and walking into the kitchen.

Out of the three movies I chose Anchorman to watch while Daniel finished up the soup. I took a large swig of the Gatorade and set it down on the petite coffee table beside me.

"Here's your soup." Daniel said walking in with a bowl and steam coming out of it.

"Thanks." I mumbled as Daniel put in Anchorman.

I am really flattered that Daniel would go out of his way to get all of this stuff and try to make me feel better.

"It's not really a problem. There is more Gatorade in the kitchen." Daniel said taking a seat beside me.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did cupcake. Why don't you eat the soup, drink the Gatorade, and watch the movie." Daniel said holding out another bottle of Gatorade to me. I gladly took the bottle and chugged half of it.

I had finished my soup and we were at the best part in my movie. The part where Ron throws a burrito out of the window and Jack Black punts baxter off of the bridge, Then Ron is in a 'glass case of emotion.' (A/n: If you haven't seen the movie you have to see it.)

"Last night did you hear what I said?" Daniel asked pausing the movie.

"What?" I asked playing dumb.

"Did you hear what I told the guys?" Daniel asked once again.

"Yeah." I said softly.

Daniel started yelling curse words and threw the pillow across the room, knocking down a lamp but not breaking anything.

"What's wrong?" I asked scared that Daniel would hurt me.

I flinched as the pillow made connection with the lamp and tried to make myself appear smaller in the couch.

"Joey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I won't hurt you. Please don't be afraid of me." Daniel said throwing his arms around me and checking to see if I was okay.

"It's okay but I have a question." I said.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really love me?" I asked and the whole room went silent.

We sat in silence for about 5 minutes before Daniel actually answered my question.

"I love you more than you can think. I have had the biggest crush on you since second grade when you moved to my school. I remember that on the first day at the elementary you wore a pink flower dress, a pink sweater, and pink shoes. Your hair was in pig tails and you had your My Little Pony book bag. I have always tried to avoid you to avoid embarrassing myself in front of you but when you moved in and I was a jerk to you, I couldn't stay away. I need you to make me happy and when I picked you up from the police station and went home on my bike with your arms wrapped around my torso and I said 'I know you like this', I loved it. I am an idiot because I told you this but I couldn't hold it in. Joey McDonald I love you and I have officially fallen head over heels for the good girl." Daniel said making me tear up.

I never knew that anyone noticed me and that someone would care for me that much. At this moment I knew that I like Daniel and that I would for a long time. I knew that I wanted to be with him and I couldn't stay away from him.

I Joey McDonald am in love with Daniel McCasey.

"I think I'm in love with you." I said quietly not looking up to meet Daniel's gaze.

"Let's clear those blurred lines and see if you know that you love me like I love you." Daniel said lifting my chin with his middle and index finger.

Daniel started leaning in to meet my lips but I stopped him.

"I'm sick." I said.

"I don't care if you're sick. I would crawl across the whole world to be with you. You being sick doesn't worry me." Daniel said finally connecting his soft lips with mine.

The feeling of Daniel's soft lips on mine was indescribable. It seemed like I was above cloud 9. I didn't know how I felt but all I knew is that I felt amazing. Daniel's soft, plump lips felt like they were puzzle pieces on mine. His lips moved in sync with mine and I couldn't be happier. Daniel pulled apart leaving a tingly feeling on my lips.

"So, do you know you love me?" Daniel asked running his fingers over the back of my hand.

"Daniel McCasey, I know I love you."