Chapter 15: I Broke A Promise

After school I got Blake to give me a ride home because I didn't have a car at school. As I walked out of the school talking to Blake, Matt, and Trey I stopped at the sight of Rebecca kissing another guy on the football team.

She kissed my boyfriend and then kisses another guy.

"I bet Daniel would feel pretty stupid right now if he saw this." Trey said side hugging me.

"It's okay, I'm over it." I said taking in a deep breath and letting it out.

"See you guys tomorrow." Blake said waving to them and walking with me to his truck.

After Blake started his truck I turned on the radio and No Sleep Till Brooklyn by the Beastie Boys was on.

*at home*

"See you on Monday or maybe over the weekend." Blake said looking me in the eyes.

"Bye." I said quietly turning to get out of the car.

I ran to the front door and walked inside. I threw my bag on the couch and started towards the kitchen.

Millie came bolting at me with a steady flow of tears coming out of her eyes.

"Millie-" I started frantically but was interrupted by her cries.

"You lied to me! You told me things would get better JoJo! YOU LIED!" Millie screamed running upstairs and slamming her door shut.

What is going on?

I walked into the kitchen to see Daniel leaning against the kitchen counter with his hand over his eyes and his cheeks were all splotchy.

"What's wrong with Millie?" I asked worried.

Daniel took his hand off of his eyes to reveal his blood shot eyes.

"Our dad-" Daniel had started to speak but broke down into sobs. I didn't want to because I am supposed to be mad at him, but I ran over to him and tried to hug him.

Daniel pushed me off of him and started yelling at me.

"You told Millie everything would get better? Why would you do that?" Daniel yelled as he inched closer to me.

"She is a four year old girl, what do you want me to say? Your dad is at high risk of being killed?" I yelled back.

My breath hitched in the back of my throat as I realised what happened.

"Oh my gosh Daniel I didn't mean it-"

"You better shut your mouth now before you get yourself in even more trouble, because you aren't headed to a good place if you keep it up." Daniel said through his clenched teeth.

"Daniel I know how this feels and it doesn't feel good." I said with warm tears prickling my eyes.

"No you don't!" Daniel yelled in defence.

"Yes I do. I lost my dad too and I was crushed when I was told that. Daniel I know it hurts now and it will forever but these kind of experiences only make us stronger." I said.

Daniel threw everything off of the counter onto the floor and looked at me with more tears falling from his eyes.

"Only make us stronger, you lied!" Daniel said holding his arm up to hit me.

I threw my arms in front of my face to shield myself.

I heard Daniel break down into tears again and fall to the counter for support.

"Joey I really need one of your hugs right now." Daniel said quietly.

I moved myself over to Daniel and slowly wrapped my arms around Daniel's torso. His right hand found the small of my back and his left hand found the back of my head. We stood there hugging for what felt like an eternity but in reality, was only a few minutes.

"Please, don't go." Daniel whispered.

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered back.

"Joey, I never cheated on you. That picture was from when Rebecca and I were dating. Would you please, please take me back. You are the only person I want to be around right now." Daniel admitted.

As much as I wanted to be angry at him, I couldn't be.

"You'd better not mess this up McCasey." I said pulling away from the hug with a small smile plastered on my face.

"I wouldn't dream of it McDonald." Daniel said connecting our lips.