Chapter 37: Back To School

*one month later*

"This feels amazing!" I gushed walking back into the school I have gone to for what seems like way too long.

"What are you talking about?" Blake asked laughing at my sudden outburst of happiness.

"We are finally seniors. This is our last year and then we are off to college, living on our own." I said swinging mine and Blake's arms.

"You're on the football team, I'm on the softball team. This could be the best year ever!" I said smiling up to Blake who was looking down at me with a look of pure love.

"This is why I love you." He said leaning down and pecking my lips.

"I love you too." I said smiling.

Yep, it's official, we said I love you, and I mean it. Blake has made this past month and a half amazing. I love him to the moon and back.

"Hey lovebirds!" I heard the sound of Trey's voice ringing through my ears.

"Hey my soon to be brother." I said smiling to him.

Joe had proposed to my mom the one night when they invited me and Trey out to eat dinner with them. Joe had been talking about everything my mom was and then suddenly got down onto one knee in front of the whole restaurant. Of course she said yes because when there is a guy telling you of all the amazing things about you, wouldn't you too say yes?

"The wedding is in two weeks, have you girls found out what the bridesmaid dresses look like?" Trey asked as the three of us walked into the school's front doors.

"All I know is that they're going to be like a peachy type of pink." I said.

"Blake, are you coming to the wedding?" Trey asked looking over my head to one of his best friends who was my boyfriend.

"I can't, there is this major football camp that if I miss it, it could cost my place on the team." He said.

"I'm picking up what you're putting down." Trey said making me burst into hysterics.

"Trey, never say that again." I said as my laughs stifled.

"No promises." He said smiling at how funny I found his statement.

As I looked around the school some of the freshman girls looked bigger than me. To be completely honest, I was small both height wise and weight wise. It was something I had always dealt with and I hated. My father used to always pick me up with one hand and throw me over his shoulder like I weight as much as a piece of paper.

"Guys, we are the big kids now!" Blake said smiling widely.

Just as he said that a freshman walked by and had to be at least 6' 10".

"Well, at least we are age wise." I said laughing.

"I'm just guessing, he probably plays basketball," Trey said laughing, "I bet he is the next Lebron."

The first bell rang and all of the lower grade kids ran to their classes so they weren't late as the rest of us took our sweet time.

We made our way down the hallway where all of the senior classes are and instantly someone's face stood out to me.

Daniel McCasey.

I hadn't spoken to, much less even seen, Daniel in two and a half months.

I saw Daniel talking to someone else who I presume is on the football team too. Suddenly something the other guy said made Daniel laugh and I saw the smile I had wanted to see all of this time.