Chapter 8: Snow and Surprises

*Friday*

So today is the first day of October and my last at Daniel's house. I woke up and it seemed really cold in the house. I threw off my sheets and walked downstairs.

As my feet touched the wooden floor, I could feel the coldness through my socks.

"Daniel why is it so cold?" I asked wrapping my sweater around me.

"I don't know. I thought you were ignoring me." Daniel said coming out of the kitchen with a mouth full of grapes.

"Gross." I said bluntly.

"Why don't you go look outside?" Daniel said as if he was talking to a four year old.

I turned around and ran to the front door. I opened the wooden door and looked through the glass door.

Snow.

Snow covered the what used to be green grass and there was a lot. I hope it didn't snow where Daniel and I's moms are.

Seconds later the land line started ringing and before I could find the phone Daniel picked it up.

"Joey come here." Daniel yelled from the kitchen and I ran in.

Daniel had the phone on speaker and our moms were on the line.

"Guys. There has been so much snow in New York that we can't get a plane home because the airports have been closed. The airports won't open until next month. I'm sorry guys but Joey, you have to stay with Millie and Daniel for a month." Mrs.McCasey explained.

"WHAT?" Daniel and I yelled at the same time looking at the phone and then to each other.

"I'm sorry. There is no way home. We miss you guys. Love you." My mom said sympathetically.

"Love you too." I mumbled as Daniel hung up.

"So I have to spend a whole month with you!" Daniel yelled.

"Well I'm not happy either." I snapped.

"Someone's on their period." Daniel muttered beneath his breath.

"Oh shut up."

"Make me." Daniel said smirking.

I huffed, stomped my foot, and ran upstairs.

Why does life have to be like this?

If I didn't live in Cleveland I wouldn't be stuck here with Daniel. If we lived in Texas I would be practicing.

Life likes to just throw me curveballs all over the place and this one involves me living with the bad boy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked downstairs and sat down on the couch picking up the television remote. I turned the TV on just before the remote was snatched out of my hand.

"What the heck?" I yelled as Daniel fell into the chair.

"Awe, that's cute cupcake, you thought you could watch your shows on my television. You thought." Daniel said smirking.

"Give it back." I snapped.

"Nope." Daniel said popping the p.

I jumped up from my seat and jumped onto Daniel as we fought for the remote. I had my hand on it as Daniel's hand had a stronger grip. Daniel and I were playing tug of war with the remote until the remote flew out of both of our reach.

I looked down and found myself straddling Daniel's waist and his hands on my waist. I looked into his emerald eyes and felt warm inside. Daniel started leaning in as I moved closer to Daniel. Our lips were about to meet when Blake, Matt, and Trey all walked in.

"Woah! Are we interrupting something? Should we leave?" Trey asked already walking back to the door.

Daniel threw me onto the couch and ran to the guys laughing awkwardly.

"No need to leave. We were just fighting for the remote." Daniel said walking away with the guys.

"We should play 2 truths and 1 lie to get to know Joey better." Trey said turning around and throwing me on his shoulder.

"Put me down Trey!" I yelled as I punched his back.

Trey started up the steps, walked into Daniel's room and set me down on his bed.

"Joey you first." Matt said.

"I have met Jennie Finch and cried, I'm related to Patrick Stump, and I love soccer." I said.

"You aren't related to Patrick Stump." Matt guessed.

"Nope. I am. He's my cousin."

"You love soccer is the lie." Daniel said like he already knew.

"Yep. I played it when I was 3, I couldn't run fast and that ruined it for me." I said laughing.

"Wait so you're actually related to Patrick Stump?" Blake asked surprised.

"Yep. I see him a few times a year when he's not touring." I explained.

For about three more hours we kept on playing and Daniel got all of mine right.

"It's 10 o'clock. I'm going to go to bed. Good night everyone." I said standing up and walking out.

I walked into my room and pulled out pajamas, face wash, and socks (I can't live without socks).

As I was walking past Daniel's bedroom door I heard the guys talking.

"So what was happening between you two when we walked in? Do you like Joey?"

"No I don't like Joey." Daniel said making my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.

"I think I love Joey."