Chapter 35: How to Fix a Broken Heart

I felt the Sparks going off just as soon as Blake's lips touched mine. I was about to pull back but remembered everything that Daniel said to me. I put my hands around his neck and he put his on the small of my back. He moved one of his hands to my hair and ran it through, making me smile into the kiss.

I pulled away and looked down at my lap.

"You have no clue how long I have been waiting for you to do that." He said quietly.

"I'm glad I did." I blurted out.

I looked up to see Blake looking at me like Daniel did, with all of the love in the world. He looked at me like I was the only person in his life and the only person he saw.

"Joey, why did you do that?" He asked moving closer to me.

"Because I wasn't thinking. I didn't know what to do besides kiss you. My feelings were all messed up and I guess it made the most sense. I needed someone and you were here." I explained.

"You deserve so much better than Daniel." He said in a pained tone.

"I know but I just feel like I need him, he's my drug. I know he's bad but I keep going back for more." I said.

"Joey, you're better than that." He said quietly.

"Don't you think I know that? Everyday I know that I am getting deeper and deeper into something I won't be able to get myself out of. I know that now that I have dated Daniel, I won't ever be able to forget him. There will always be that one part of me that wants him. He showed me that I can be strong and I mean something. Before I met him, I was completely forgotten. No one knew about me! Daniel helped me get out of that. I know that when I get married to whoever, wether it is Daniel or someone else, he will always be in the back of my mind. I'm sorry if that hurts you but it is the truth." I said, meaning every word I said.

"Joey, do you think you could even give any other guy a chance?" Blake's asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes, there is a chance but-" He cut me off.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked with a small smile.

"Blake, I don't know if that's a good idea." I said worriedly.

"Just one date, I'm not going to try anything. If you don't want to go out again, you don't have to. Just please give me a chance." He said taking my hands and pulling me into his lap.

I laid my head on Blake's chest and started playing with his fingers. His other hand started rubbing my back. I could have stayed in this position all night if it weren't for me being hungry.

"Yes." I quietly said.

"Thank you so much." He said leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Do you want to help me make dinner?" I asked giggling.

"Sure, what are we making?" He asked standing up but carrying me to the kitchen and setting me down, so I was sitting on the island.

"We can either make chicken nuggets or Chicken Alfredo." He started laughing at the choices.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, let's just make Chicken Alfredo." He said helping me down and getting a pot.

I walked to the fridge getting out all of the necessary ingredients. I put them on the counter and looked up the recipe on my phone.

I started mixing everything together while Blake just stared over my shoulder with his hands around my waist.

"I'm going to put this in the pan, can you get the pasta from the cupboard and start boiling them. I'll cook the chicken." I said.

Blake put the pasta in the pot and let it boil.

~*~

"I'm really glad that you will let my take you out." Blake said as we neared the door.

"I am too. You really helped me tonight, thank you." I said smiling.

"No problem. I wouldn't let a pretty girl just sit and sulk all night now would I?" He asked laughing.

"Where are we going and what time?" I asked so I knew what to wear; I don't want to wear a band shirt to a fancy place.

"We are going to go to the park, just wear what you would normally wear." He says leaning down.

He ever so gently pressed his lips onto mine and I kissed back. His kisses were really soft and sweet. I put my arms around his neck and he put his on my hips. After a couple of seconds he pulled back and just looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked becoming a little self conscious.

"Oh, nothing is wrong with how you look," he said worriedly seeing I had become self conscious, "it's just how beautiful you are." He said blushing, as did I.

"Thank you." I said smiling and kissing his cheek before he left.

I closed the door and walked to the couch where Brian was laying. I sat down next to him and just thought.

I thought about tonight and how it went.

I thought about how Blake treated me compared to Daniel.

I thought about how Blake's called me pretty and beautiful.

I thought about anything and everything. Daniel and Blake both have the same effect on me and I don't know who I will end up with but I should give Blake a chance. He helped me when Daniel wasn't here because he was the one who broke me. Maybe Blake is the one I need in my life.

Maybe Blake will be the guy who changes is all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello 👋🏼

Your guy's reactions to the last update was just awesome. You all had a bunch to say and it was really funny to watch the comments rolling in.

I hope you liked this chapter

Does this chapter change how you feel about the whole Blake/Daniel situation?

Ugh! I'm in between but I think I'm leaning more toward Blake. 😁

Vote, comment, follow, and add to your library

Thank you for reading

See you next chapter