Chapter 48: ESPN

"This isn't something you see everyday. Two college kids who have known each other since their junior year in high school, go to the same college and get married before they start. This what I would like to call true love." The ESPN announcer said.

"Ugh! This is all I hear about." I said flicking the channel off of ESPN.

"I think it's cool that everyone in the sports world is interested in us." Daniel said kissing my forehead.

"I have a game tomorrow in Alabama against the Crimson Tide. Trey is going to be there, do you want to come?" I asked Daniel while I packed a small bag.

"Can I?" He asked.

"Yeah. I talked to coach and she said you can come on the bus with us. I hope you don't mind being stuck on a bus with 20 girls." I said laughing.

"As long as you're one of the 20, I'll always be okay with it." Daniel said hugging me.

~*~

"Can we ask you a couple questions for a segment we are going to do on the Florida Fastpitch team?" One of the people from ESPN asked.

"Yes!" I cheered walking over to the empty seat they had provided for me.

"Joey, you were born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. Not exactly a Fastpitch state. How did this career come about?" He asked.

"Ohio is definitely not a baseball of Fastpitch state. We are known for college football and that's about it. I got into Fastpitch because when I was little I played soccer and I absolutely hated it. I hated running a lot and I wasn't a fast runner so that kind of killed the fun. I also tried basketball which was horrible, one of my coaches laughed at my layup!" I said laughing with the reporter.

"Who were some athletes you looked up to? They don't have to be baseball or Fastpitch players, just athletes."

"I really looked up to Jennie Finch. I loved her from such a young age and I never grew out of that. I also loved LeBron James. I'm from Cleveland and I still remember when he said he was 'taking his talents to Miami', the other day I was somewhere and I ran into him. I brought that up and he just rolled his eyes and told me that I'm just lucky he didn't stay there." I said laughing at the memory.

"You are now married to the quarterback for the football team here at Florida. How has that whole relationship worked out?" He asked.

"Daniel and I had dated from the middle of junior year up until the end of the summer when we got married. My mom and his mom were the reason we actually got together. I was supposed to spend one month at his house while our mom's were in New York. It turned out to be like two months but I would never trade those months for anything." I said smiling to myself.

"You are also the step sister of the wide receiver for this Alabama football team. You are best friends with the linebacker for Oregon and the cornerback for Ohio State. What kind of water do you have in Cleveland?" He asked with a lot of emphasis on the have.

"Football and Fastpitch, that's what we have." I said laughing.

"I want to thank you for your time." He said and let me go warm up for my game.

"Hey, shortie!" I heard someone yell from behind me as I made my way to our dugout. I turned around with a big smile on my face, knowing who was behind me.

"Trey!" I yelled and ran to him, jumping into his wide open arms.

"I missed you so much!" He yelled back.

"Get off of my girl man!" I heard Daniel jokingly yell.

"Daniel, you taking care of my sister?" Trey asked doing the strange 'man handshake' that they all do.

"Yes, yes I am." Daniel said putting his arm across my shoulder.

"Hey, as much as I would love to stand around and talk, I have a game to play so I will see you guys after." I said leaving Daniel and Trey to themselves.

~*~

"And they were looking for his disabled son, despite the fact she had problems in her head-"

"What movie was this again?" I asked Trey as he was trying to explain some movie he saw the other day.

"Finding Nemo." He said making me choke on my orange pop.

"I should have known that!" Daniel said laughing.

"I swear, you two are the strangest people I have ever met." I said putting another chicken nuggets from Chick-Fil-A in my mouth.

"Not that I was creeping or anything, but Joey I saw that your next game is in Oregon. Would you care if I came with you and Daniel to the game up there. Cat and I can fly up there and we can meet up with Blake. You guys have a break after so maybe we can go up to Ohio State because Matt has a game on Saturday." Trey said.

"You have everything planned out? College has changed you man, you're organised." I said.

"I know, it's a tough life." Trey said making it seem like he had just ran a marathon without taking one sip of Gatorade.

"I didn't realise how much I missed having all of us together until I came here and saw you and Cat." I said taking one more sip of orange pop before I finished it off.

"Yeah, this summer we all have to get back together and do something crazy. Maybe pull another massive party-" Trey started.

"I was never apart of massive parties." I interrupted.

"Yeah, about that." Daniel said laughing.

"You two had parties when I was gone?" I yelled.

"They weren't so bad. The cops only came twice." Daniel said 'reassuring' me.

"You two made the cops come to my apartment?" I yelled again.

"She knows too much. Partner, move out." Trey said talking into his wrist like there was a walkie talkie watch. Trey and Daniel rolled out of their seats and did summersaults all the way to the car.

"Idiots." I said while giggling under my breath and followed them to the car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I have updated twice within a couple days 👏🏽

The Browns lost, I don't even know why I'm surprised, they're terrible every year, yet I still root for them.

I wish I was going to the ROWYSO Cleveland show tomorrow 😢😭

I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow

See you next chapter