Chapter 5: Fights and Jail Time

I woke up to the sound of multiple people knocking things down and stuff shattering.

Not a good sign.

I walked downstairs and found Trey, Daniel, Blake, and Matt all rough housing in the living room.

"Guys! It is early in the morning. Can you please keep it down?" I begged to them.

"You should probably get ready for school. We have to leave in 10 minutes." Blake said standing up straight and looking towards the clock.

I looked over and saw that it was 7:20am.

My eyes went wide and I ran upstairs. I ran to my closet and pulled out a Metallica tank, black shorts, and a pair of black high top converse. I threw them all on and took a brush through my hair and added a little mascara.

I ran downstairs and picked up my backpack, running outside. I couldn't find the guys so I picked up a penny board I found and hopped on. I road all the way to school and was late to my first period class by 15 minutes.

"Miss McDonald care to tell the class why you were late?" Mrs.Bruster asked.

"Nah, I'm fine."

"Now!" She demanded pointing the pen at me.

Mrs.Bruster is one of the most feared teachers in all West Brook. She had Carmel brown hair with natural grey highlights that was always in a tight bun, her nose was almost as pointy as a kitchen knife, she was always wearing a pants suit no matter the temperature outside, and her voice could make puppies cry.

"My rides left without me and I had to skateboard here." I said sitting down next to another person I was invisible to.

"Detention." She said handing me the pink slip with her shaky handwriting explaining that I was late.

For the whole class I didn't really pay attention because I was so nervous, I got a detention. Now I may sound like a dork because this is my first detention and I'm in 11th grade but I really want to get into a good college so I try to behave.

I was about to drift off to sleep when the bell scared the living daylights out of me. I got up and collected my stuff, walking to my second period class.

I was about to walk into the Math class when I saw a giant huddle of people in the middle of the hall chanting 'fight.'

Me being myself was so intrigued so I had to see who was fighting. I got closer and found Daniel putting another kid on the baseball team, Marco Trumble, into a head lock. The only reason I know Marco's name is because the baseball players come to all of the softball players games and we go to theirs.

"Don't talk about her that way." Daniel spat out through his grit teeth. Seeing him this way scared me.

"What's going on Joey?" Trey asked coming up behind me followed by Blake and Matt.

"That's Daniel!" Blake yelled staring at him in disbelief.

"Yeah and we need to stop this." I said pushing through the crowd till I was in the middle of the circle joined by Daniel and Marco.

I gripped the back of Daniel's shirt and tried to pull him back. I tried until I grabbed his muscular upper arm and pulled back.

His attention went from fighting with Marco to looking me in the eye with sincerity, something I have never seen from him.

"Cupcake please leave. I don't want you to see me like this." Daniel pleaded making me blush a little by calling me cupcake.

"I'm not leaving this spot till you're done." I said stomping my foot.