Good and evil

"Mr. Trottler we have a CODE RED TANTRUM." a woman yelled.

"Oh shit." Trottler said and opened the door. "Okay everybody stay calm and hide everything fragile including yourselves!" he yelled.

"Why? What's happening? What's code red tantrum?" Theo was confused.

"It's when master gets so angry he will break and kill everything in his way. It happens rather often so hide."

"Where?"

"I don't know boy, under the bed or somewhere."

Theo listened to the advice and quickly got under the bed as crashing and cursing sounds got closer. He heard Aleksei yelling at some servent girl and then Trottler.

"I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAD! I SAID I WANT A HOT BATH READY WHEN I GOT BACK AND YOU WEREN'T EVEN ABLE TO DO THAT! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I SPILL YOUR GUTS AND FEED YOU TO CERBERUS!" Aleksei screamed.

"We are so so sorry m-master, we did-di-didn't mean-" Trottler stuttered.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR EXCUSES!" The prince yelled again and shut the door. He got ten times scarier when he was yelling. His eyes would lose that star-like glow and become so dark you would think they will eat you alive.

This guy is throwing a whole tantrum because his bath wasn't ready? Theo asked himself before realising he was now alone in the room with Aleksei who didn't know he was there.

"I'm surrounded by idiots." the demon said to himself as he made a quick spell and a piano appeared next to the window. He started to play and the most magical melody filled the room.

Theo lost track of time listening to this beautiful melody so he only snapped out of it when the prince stopped.

He heared some fabric ruffling and the prince got into the bed. It seemed as if no weight was put on it though.

After about half an hour Theo decided to risk and try to get out. As he got up he felt a pair of eyes on his back and thought he was caught but when he turned around he saw it was only Aleksei's cat.

The animal was looking at him with it's big yellow eyes that stood out against it's black fur.

Theo snuck a look at the demon sleeping next to it and was amazed. Alseep the prince looked almost innocent. His pitch black hair, usually spiked up, was now falling over his closed eyes. His pale, almost white skin, was standing out against bloody red pillows and covers that were barely reaching his hips. When he noticed this he also noticed a carved six pack showing through the white silky night shirt. He is so beautiful- WAIT WHAT?! NO! He is the demon prince, he is a monster and you are supposed to kill him! Theo yelled at himself inside of his head.

He snuck out of the room and as he turned around he collided with something hard and fell back on his butt, followed by a bunch of books, papers and the person he crashed into.

"Oh... Oh no no no no I am so very sorry. Oh goodness I didn't mean to I really really didn't. I am very sorry sir." A high female voice said.

When Theo looked at her he realised it was a warlock, her mark was very obvious, she had horns, like a capricorn. They were framed with light brown hair and freckles that covered her whole face. And her brown eyes were so big and bright it seemed as if they were literally made out of a soul.

"It's okay." Theo said and helped her pick up her stuff that was all over the floor.

"Thank you kind sir...?" she wanted to know his name.

"Theo."

"Thank you sir Theo. My name is Ayana. If you want to know." she told him in a shy voice.

"Don't mentione it... But um... Could you show me where that Trottler guy could be?"

"Oh yes, not to worry, it's not far, follow me sir Theo." she smiled and started to walk down from the tower they were in.

"Thank you, and...you don't need to call me sir, just Theo is fine."

"Alright Theo." she corrected herself as they walked.

"What where you doing up there anyway?" Theo was curious.

"I come every night, if the young lord has any requests for potions or something like that he leaves a note...well...a howler better to say."

"A howler?"

"A letter that yells itself." Ayana explained.

"So...you are what? His warlock?"

"Oh no no no no, I'm far too young and inexperienced for that, I work for prince's warlock, Edgar, who doesn't like to leave his study so I collect all requests from young lord and the queen. Though the queen mostly asks The Night Shade for anything she needs."

Theo nodded, he just remembered queen Victoria, not much was known about her except the fact that Aleksei was all his mother which meant she was as cruel and evil as he was, maybe even worst.

"Here we are. I'm sure Mr. Trottler isn't yet asleep as he has a lot of work regarding the prince's birthday." she said kindly and knocked on the wooden door.

"It's opened Ayana!" Trottler yelled from the inside. When the girl pushed the door opened there he was, in papers over his head.

"Oh, I expected you to be dead." he said when he saw Theo.

"What?!" Theo yelled.

"Well when master pushed me out of the room I assumed he will find you and kill you. But you got out, other things don't matter, your bed is over there but if you bother me I have the prince's permission to move you back to your cell. Ayana honey what do you have for me?"

"Oh yes yes yes, um...let me see" the girl started to go through the bag over her shoulder that was filled with letters, papers and small glass bottles with colorful liquids inside of them. "Lord Darius and his son wrote, also the general send a request, three more letters came from the queen's private guests and the elven king send something too." she gave out envelopes and papers as she spoke.

"Demon fire, I'm going to lose my mind with this." Trottler exhaled loudly "Thank you child, you can go."

"Do you need my help Mr. Trottler? I see you are tired." she offered.

"Thank you but you've got enough work on your own dear, go now."

"Okay. I can come if you need me, just send someone to get me." she continued. How can a demon blooded creature be so kind?

"Thank you honey, but I'm fine." Trottler smiled at her.

"Okay." the girl also smiled and waved to both of them "Good night Mr. Trottler, good night Theo."

"Good night sweetheart." Trottler responded.

"Night." Theo said and collapsed onto the bed Trottler showed him. Not even five minutes after that he heard Trottler snore, he had fallen asleep at the table covered in letters.

Theo took off his jacket, shirt and boots and  lied down. He thought about how Trottler was kind to him since he saw that the other bed was in poor condition, wich meant Trottler gave him his own bed. So he woke up the man and helped him get into bed.

He thought about how kind and nice Ayana was even though she was half demon. He thought about all he learned since he was send to live with Lucien, how warlocks were twisted and arrogant, how vampires were soulless monsters, how werewolves were mindless and dangerous, how nephilims were full of themselves and how demons were the worst ones of them all, pure evil, and he was questioning it all. How could someone like Ayana be twisted? How could someone like Trottler be evil?

With these thoughts he drifted away to sleep. And his dreams will suprise him more then he could ever imagine.