Demon fever

Trottler looked as if he is going to die at any second.

"M-master, you have arrived, you need to wake up." Trottler sounded scared, knowing what happens when you wake up Aleksei.

Aleksei, however, didn't move a muscle. Wich only made Trottler more afraid. Usually Aleksei would shoot awake and throw something at him the second Trottler made even the slightest noise.

"M-my lord... You really n-need to wake up." the servent tried again, nothing, the prince just mumbled something.

"Let me try." Theo offered.

"No no, that's just going to get both of us in trouble, and you haven't learned how to dodge his fire balls yet." Trottler said and shook Aleksei once more, this time realising something and carefully placing his palm on prince's forhead.

"Gods he's sick!" he noticed and yelled out, but covered his mouth imedietly. At that moment both of them wished they have woken up a hungry dragon that was guarding his gold. Because realisticaly that gave them higher chances of survival.

Theo didn't know this but Trottler did,  his preducasor as demon prince's personal servent was burned alive after they broke Aleksei's favourite tea cup. And the one before them was pushed out of a window of the tower because she forgot to change his bedding that morning. Many thoght it was a wonder Trottler was still alive considering the number of times he made similar mistakes, but Trottler knew this was simply because queen Victoria was sick of finding people stupid enough to willingly be Aleksei's servents so she forbide him to kill Trottler for at least thousand years.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up. You worthless shit!!" now the prince was awake and he was pissed. He got up, ready to lounch a fire ball onto his servent. Before he could do that the sky and the ground started spinning and his head started to hurt as if it was going to explode.

Aleksei fell back into his seat and put his hands over his head. "Fuck. Fucking snow. Fucking cold. Damn it." he cursed.

"Are you sick?" Theo asked.

"No. Ofcourse I'm not." Aleksei answered and got up again, marching off into the castle, kicking the door open and crashing the first huge object in his path. In this case it was a five feet tall glass sculpture of Artemis and her hunters on a three feet tall platform made of black stone.

As if on cue Trottler ran inside and yelled at the other servents "Hei! Hei attention! All hands on deck we have a CODE RED TANTRUM raging on!! Come on people we practiced this!!"

Theo followed them inside and just kept following Torttler around, having no idea what to do.

"Uh, hei human boy, you bring this up to the prince's room and you leave straight away, he gets mood swings when he's sick wich means if you annoy him he can and will burn your head off, and yes I said burn. Now go." with that he shoved a tray with tea into Theo's hands and ran off.

Theo climped up into the tower where Aleksei's room was, the path was littered with broken glass, wood and gem stones that servents were picking up. Aleksei sure had an iteresting temper.

As Theo slowly pushed opened the door of Aleksei's room he could hear a weird noise, like bones cracking.

"Aleksei? Are you okay?" he asked and stepped inside. Aleksei was sitting on his bed, black blood dripping down his face as sharp horns pushed their way out of his head.

"Do I look okay to you, you dimwit?" he spat through his teeth, obviously in pain. He had cough a demon fever, Theo heared about it. It caused demons to barely control their magic and reveal some parts of their true demon form, but from what Theo remembered in his dream, the creature didn't have horns. Maybe it was just a nightmare after all?

"I'm sorry, can I do something to help?" he asked and sat the tray with tea on a small table.

"Stop fucking talking, that's what. And get me a towel or something." for some reason Aleksei's tone seemed softer, like he was too exausted to be his usual mean, witty self.

There were several soft and freashly washed towels piled up on the table to Theo grabbed one and handed it to Aleksei.

Just as the prince reached out for it his hands started transforming too, his fingers cracked and claws pushed out, more blood spilling everywhere. The prince groaned in pain and put his hand down. Cursing through his teeth.

"Here, I'll do it." Theo said but waited to see if the demon was okay with it.

Aleksei looked at him and after a few seconds just nodded.

"Lay down, it'll be easier." Theo expected some form or protest but Aleksei just obeyed, it seemed those were the mood swings Trottler was talking about.

Theo softly wiped the blood from Aleksei's face, being especialy careful around the horns wich were even painful to look at.

Once he wiped all the blood out of Aleksei's face he realised that the prince has fallen asleep, or more likely passed out from the pain.

His sleeping face once again charmed Theo, even with big, black horns drenched in blood on his face the prince looked stunning.

Theo gently took the prince's hand and started wiping the blood from his fingers. His skin was so soft it seemed imposible.

Once Theo managed to remove all the blood he went down into the kitchens to wash the towel he used.