The vampire town Dumort

The trip to the vampire town, Theo found out it was called Dumort, was very long.

"So... What are you reading?" Theo tried to make a conversation, refering to the book in Aleksei's hand.

"Greek mishology. Why?" he asked back, clearly annoyed Theo is interupting his reading.

"Wow, why are you so angry? I mean you always are but this is different." Theo was not expecting this kind of reaction.

"And why should I tell you?" the prince snapped.

"Well because we are trapped in this carridge together for like four more hours so we could as well talk." Theo said. "Come on, we are going to be stuck together for so long, I'm not telling anyone anything."

"I'm not telling you a thing. End of discusion." Aleksei didn't even look up from his book.

"Fine, but can we at least talk about something? I'm bored." Theo asked.

Aleksei let out a sigh and shut his book. "Fine, but do not expect me to be very talkative."

"Sure. So..." Theo thoght for a bit. "Can you tell me...how were demons made? Or any other creatures?"

"In the name of Hades." the prince groaned. "Basically Hades picked 5 lost souls he liked and send them to earth because he felt like it. Those are the five royal families and guess what? Only one remained because of your kind. Warlocks are half human half demon. There are warlocks who used to be human and bargened with lower demons so they can get the powers demons posses, in return they gave their human heart to thr lower demon, vampires need to get sired then burried and then they get out, werewolves are born oe bitten, fair folk was birthed by nature and nephilims were send by those white winged jerks."

"Oookay, so...why do they all love you so much? Is it because they have to?" Theo knew it was risky to ask but his mouth was faster then his brain. He hated how that seemed to happen a lot around the demon prince.

"We are not like you humans, we don't make people like or respect us, we deserve it. And as you got so curious and you so must know, I freed our land of  the dragon that used to inhabit the Iron mountain. The said dragon demanded demon kids to be broght to him and no army could stop him." It was very visible Aleksei liked talking about himself so Theo continued.

"So how did you stop it?" Theo asked.

"I walked in alone, sneaked up to him while he was sleeping and put a black arrow straight through his brain." Aleksei made it sound so simple but in fact sneaking up to a dragon is literally next to imposible. And being able to fire a black arrow also seemed impossible, since those are one of the hardest weapons to use, only a few people in the world knew how to use them.

"You can fire a black arrow? How? There are only a few people who can use those." the young hunter only heared stories about those people. How they were brave and smart. How you need to have a heart of a lion to even be able to hold it the right way. Theo was also thoght no demon was able to hold such nobel weapon, and yet one was right there in front of him.

"Yes I can, suprised? How come a demon prince, a creature so dark and evil, can wield a weapon of such power and nobelty? Well let me tell you a secret, it's not us who are monsters." Aleksei said.

Theo didn't know what to say, only a nobel man can wield such weapon.

"Look pretty face, your kind started hunting us because of the power they couldn't have, so you spread stories, about how we were terrible and evil creatures, so you could have excuse to kill us all, you are the ones who made these monsters." Aleksei was bitter, it was very clear he was personaly hurt by a human. Even though he tried to hide it.

It was deep silence for about half and hour until Theo couldn't hold his mouth shut anymore.

"What happened to you that made you hate us so much?" He finally asked.

Aleksei looked him dead in the eyes and said coldy, as if it didn't even bother him. "A human, a hunter, that I saved from fire in the woods, whom I took to my castle and whom I trusted since over time he became my boyfriend, fucking cut my wings off while I was asleep."

"What? Oh my god that... That's so....-" but Theo couldn't finish his sentance.

"That's so what? Crule? Horrible? Evil? Weren't you the one who came here to kill me?" The prince reminded him.

"I...I was..." and suddely, Theo felt bad, guilty. Who knows how many innocent creatures he had killed, how many lives and families he ruinned. How many people are out there, just like Aleksei, who are not evil, just hurt? Because now Theo knew, the demon prince was nothing people told him, he was not a dark, evil and crule killer, he was just a broken boy trying to be the leader his people need. If Aleksei was human he would probably be only a year or two older then Theo, if his math was good that is. He started to remember, every demon, vampire, werewolf or warlock he killed, never acgually tried to kill him, all their spells and moves were strictly defensive. So Theo finished the sentance he started with 100% certanty "I was...but now I wouldn't do it... And I can swear to you right now that I won't hurt any creature again if they are not proven guilty."

"I can't trust it until I see it." Aleksei told him and then took his book again.

The rest of their trip was silent.

When they entered the vampire town a castle of red stone came into the view, it was much smaller then the demon castle but still beautiful in a scary way. It seemed as if the stone walls were dranched in blood. The whole place seemed to be full of grave stones and rotting black trees. The demon castle was scary yes, but this place gave off the energy as if no one alive has stepped foot there in a very long time.

And all around were people, better vampires, in fancy suits and dresses, as if they all had somewhere extremely important to go but most of them just wore it because they felt like it. That was the most, others wore ripped, muddy clothes that seemed hundreds of years old, they probably were.

"Are all these people vampires?" Theo asked.

"No, they are goblins, yes ofcourse they are vampires you idiot, it's a vampire town." Aleksei said and got out of the caridge that stopped right in front of the creepy old castle. Up close it seemed even creepier, and weird howl-like noises could be heared comming from the walls. "What in the name of Satan are you staring at? It's a fucking vampire town did you expect flowers and rainbows?" the prince snapped at him.

Honestly, some people thoght prince's middle name was Sarcasm.

At the top of the stairs stood a man that couldn't be older then 25, his silver like hair came all the way to the bottom of his back and his piercing red eyes where glued to some unexistant spot in the sky. He wore a black suit with a blood red shirt underneath it. Next to him stood a boy, about 16 or 17 years old, and there was no way he was a vampire. His cheeks were pink and his lips were almost red. The boy also had eyes as green as spring grass. His hair was grayish shade. The boy was also fidgeting around a lot, mumbling something to the man who seemed to be made out of stone, not moving an inch and only humming in responce to the boys rattling.

Before Theo could ask anything they reached at top of the stairs and the vampire finally looked at them.