Isaac

"What for the name of Luficer are you doing idiot?" said the demon beside him, not bothering to move an inch.

"What?" Theo mumbled and looked at him, realizing that it's only Aleksei in the room with him. "Sorry, I hade a nightmare." he said and started rubbing his eyes.

"boo-hoo, poor little baby had a bad dream, I don't give a fuck let me sleep." the prince mocked him.

"You don't have to be so rude all the time." Theo rolled his eyes and got up "I'll go for a walk."

"And how, pray tell, do you mean to do that? You are a walking snack to vampires remember? And sorry to burst your little bubble of confidence but one human hunter doesn't stand a chance against a full clan." Aleksei spat, still not moving or opening his eyes.

"How come they didn't attack me before?"

"Because you were with me moron. Now get back to sleep or be quiet."

"I can't."

"Not my fucking problem." the demon snapped, getting really annoyed that his beauty sleep was being interupted like that.

Just when Theo was about to answer he saw Isaac from the window, walking in the garden of bloody red roses playing with an animal, it seemed to be a cat.

"I'll go down there, Isaac is awake." Theo said and walked out of the room. As he walked down narrowed stairs and long hallways he has a feeling someone was watching him, but every time he turned around nobody was there. There was no other source of light other then a few candles on the wall here and there, wich certantly didn't help the creepy mood.

And he wasn't even past the worst part yet. To get out into the garden you need to walk through completely dark staircase wich ends with huge metal gate that shreeks loudly as soon as the wind blows even a bit. As soon as he stepped onto the first stair he heared the weird howling again, only this time when he turned around, there was somebody there. A girl wet to the bone, with long dark hair all the way to her knees, and with eyes so vibrant blue they almost glowed in the dark. And once she opened her mouth an ear piercing scream went out. So loud and painful it made the enitre castle shake and send Theo crashing down the rest of the stairs and hitting his head straight into the metal gate where Issac was, opening them only for Theo to fall down once more.

The scream finally stopped and Isaac was laughing his head off for some reason, while Theo alredy got out his kife and prepared to fight, though he has never seen of foght a ghost before, they don't usually go near people for some reason.

"Relax, she won't hurt anyone, look." Isaac pointed at the top of the stairs, where the girl stood, giggling like a child. She was one actually, she could not have been older then ten.

"Wh-but-" Theo was stuttering while trying to keep his balance.

"She just likes to scare new people." Isaac laughed and just then the girl dissapeared. "Anyways, what are you doing up normie?"

"You are human just like me, normie." Theo responded and put back his knife. "I just needed to clear my head for a bit."

"Well actually, I'm not a normie, see?" Isaac pulled on his shirt and revealed a bite mark on his neck "I'm marked as a vampire's mate, wich makes me imortal like my mate."

"So it works like that? You get marked and you live as long as your mate?" mating and reproduction of supernaturals was one of the aspects hunters knew very little about, next to nothing actually.

"Yes. It's actually quiet simple, vampires and werewolves bite, nephilims draw a rune, warlocks make a charm, fair folk take an oath to the gods, and demons make a blood pact." Isaac explained shortly while sitting next to a giant three.

Theo sat next to him, interested in the subject. "What kind of blood pact?"

"Depends on their ranking in demon society, lower demons just do the regular cut on the palm and stuff, royal demons have a whole ceremony, and higher demons are unknown." the boy answered while starting to play with the cat that wandered back to them.

"Do you know more about the royal demons?" Theo asked egardly, he didn't know why he was to interested, it was probably to fill in the gaps his training left, or that's what he told himself at the time.

"Someone's curious." the human boy laughed and continued "Well, the said cheremony inculdes a huge ass party at the demon castle, everyone who is anyone is invited. And because it rarely happens folks really like to brag about it. Gosh I hope we I get to see Aleksei's cheremony, then I would have something to brag about too."

That made Theo question something. What will happen once the demon prince does find his mate? Would his family and friends be in danger? Would Aleksei really try to end human kind? What would happen then? Would that include Theo? Those were the questions that should have been going through his head in that moment, but insted the young Hunter found himself imagining what would it be like if he was the one standing next to the prince at that cheremony? He knew it was wrong and selfish but he couldn't help it. And there was really no point in denying his feelings toward Aleksei anymore. At least not to himself.

As his mind cleared up just a bit he realised Isaac was still talking. "Sorry what was that?" he asked.

"I said that the cheremony includes a dance where Aleksei will dance with his mate, an oath to the higher demons, and oath between the mates, and the blood pact, wich his both mates cutting their neck slightly and letting a few drops of blood drip into another's wine." Isaac repeated, grinning as he started to theorize what could've possibly distracted his new found friend.

Now Theo was slightly freaked out, sure he would do it for Aleksei but still, drinking each other's blood? That was a bit much.

"You sure get distracted easily. What is it? What is going on in your head? Are you thinking about mating? Are you thinking about Aleksei?!" Isaac got more and more exicted with each extremely personal question he asked.

"NO!" Theo shounted, a bit too loud and a bit to quickly for it to actually sound believable to anyone.

"You are! That's exciting. Oh wait no it isn't. What if you have like real feelings and then it ends up in him finding another mate and you end up heartbroken. Or what if it is you and he rejects you-"

"Wait he can do that?!" and with that all hope of Theo covering his new found feelings went out of the window.

"You just confirmed it and yes, he can. But I don't think he will, he's been with literally anyone, werewolves, vampires, humans, demons, hybrids, male, female and everything in between. So there is a really low chance of him rejecting someone." those words were a bit comforting but the thoght of somebody else being Aleksei's mate remained in Theo's mind.

"And how does he find his mate? Is there any way of knowing before it happens?" he continued asking.

"I don't know exactly, but I know some say mates have dreams about each others and often start having feelings before they actually know, that is if they met before."

Theo just nodded and got lost in thoghts again, until it was time to go back. He waited for Aleksei to get ready, who took his time ofcourse, and they went down in front of the castle.