The new guest

Victoria marched over to them in a matter of seconds and she took a stand by her son's side.

"Mother get back." Aleksei told her, stepping forward, keeping his mother and Theo behind himself, then he told the man. "You dare to come uninvited to my ceremony, after trying to kill me years ago and wanting to steal my trone and crown, my bloody birth right! And then you dare to imprison my people in my own castle! Who do you think you are?!" Aleksei raged, the crown on his head bursting in flames and his hands were ready to become raging balls of fire.

"Who do I think I am? Well that one is simple, I am the one who was destened to rule beside you." the man said.

"The only thing you are destened to do is die in my dungeon." Aleksei told him sharply.

"So very crule my love, don't make me punish you."

"Bold of you to assume that you can."

"Fine then, what about a duel?" it was said with way too much conficence to be possible, this guy wouldn't risk it if he wasn't sure he could win.

"I accept your challange."  a voice said, but it wasn't Aleksei's, it was Victoria's.

"What?!" Aleksei yelled and looked over at her.

"You can be the king a hundred times but I'm your mother so don't you even dare say something." she told him and stepped forward in front of the man.

With one movement of her hand she put up a wall around herself and the man, you could see through the wall like glass but it was like it was made out of solid air.

"Mother get out of there now." Aleksei demanded and stepped forward, blasting fire onto the wall but it didn't budge.

"Stop it. Now." she told him.

"Well, I was hoping to have a dance with my love but I guess I need to get through his mommy first." the man said and the fight started.

It was nothing like watching Aleksei's practice duels, this duel was messy and confusing. The man made bla k blasts of energy fly around, lighting bolts crashed through the small cage they were in, Victoria was in one place one moment and then vanished into thin air the other. Moments later there were numorous copys of her all around the small arena.

It lasted for half an hour but it seemed so much less, and Victoria was losing and the man looked like he had less and less patience for this whole thing.

He was no longer calm and quiet, his raging yelling filled the room and his eyes were fixated on Aleksei, as if he was a prize at the end of a competition.

Aleksei looked as if he will go crazy, he had balls of fire in his hands and his eyes were fully black, he also pushed Theo behind himself.

The man in the arena suddenly punched the ground and the earth started shaking violently. People fell down, glasses on the tables shattered and a loud sound of thrones moving across the ground rumbled throughout the whole room.

Lastly, the sound of glass cracking was heared.

Victoria turned to her son and mouthed "run", she probably yelled it but it couldn't be heared over all the noise. Not a full second later the roof over their heads shattered.

Theo never saw what happened after because Aleksei was over him in no time in his full demon form. There was a wall of fire melting down the glass before it managed to fall to the floor and hurt Theo and three more people that found themselves under the bright fire.

The three new figures were Brigitte, Clarabelle and Isaac. As the sound of glass breaking ecoed throughout the room Theo felt something warm and wet drip onto his head.

Blood. Black blood. Aleksei's blood. The menting glass poured down his back.

Theo looked up to see Aleksei's beautiful face disformed in pain. His eyes were closed but you could see small black lines around them, like tiny bolts of lightning. He had horns again and sharp animal-like fangs were very visible even with his mouth closed, in order not to let out a sound of pain.

Once the sound stopped Aleksei's wall of fire vanished, revealing pure horror.

There was no tall glass roof but it was like the room got even darker despite the moon now shining above their heans. Without counting the three protected by Aleksei, there was fiftheen people left standing at the most. Blood, demon blood, fey blood, all sorts of blood were everywhere, people were on the floor, most dead and those still alive didn't have long either.

The sight that cough Theo's eye were the two small twin boys not even five feet from him, they were trapped under another body, their mother, who tried to protect them but failed. All three were hit by a huge piece of black glass.

A scream broke the deafening, creepy silence.

Aleksei's scream.

Theo's head snapped back to him but his mate was no longer by his side.

The newly crowned demon king was by his mother's lifeless body. Her eyes were wide opened and her dress stained by her own blood. She was ripped apart at the waist.

Once a demon queen, the most powerful force on earth, was broken like a fragile porcelain doll. Her son was screaming by her side, the most heartbreaking sound Theo has ever heared.

He got to Aleksei just in time to pull him out of the way of a lighting that struck there a second later.

Aleksei took Theo's hand and took one more look at his mother. A portal was then opened in front of them, a spiral wirl of wind that had a purple glow to it, seconds later they were both pushed into it.

They fell face down onto a field of small flowers and grass that were frozen in time as soon as the snow started falling a couple of days ago. It wasn't as much snow as it was around the castle.

After them came four more pairs of footsteps and the portal was closed.

"What did you do?! Open that damn thing now!!" Aleksei screamed. He was looking at Brigitte while tears streamed down his face.

"There was nothing you could have done. He is too powerful even for you and Victoria told you to run." Brigitte told her friend, trying to keep a straight face but it was obvious she was getting emotional too.

"Fuck! Fucking damnit!" Aleksei yelled again and Theo hugged him tightly.

The king let his head fall down, his tears soaked Theo's shirt and he pulled his mate close.

Everyone else just moved away, giving them as much space as possible without separating too much from the group. Brigitte and Clarabelle went and sat down by a small river near by and Isaac and Roman, who were the other pair that Brigitte shoved into her portal, were sitting on a pile of rocks.

Theo slowly pulled Aleksei down onto the snow covered grass. The demon was still sobbing, his horns and fangs were gone, and he looked like a frightened child.

While Aleksei sobbed into his shoulder, Theo had no idea what to do except to hold him tightly. He slowly storked Aleksei's hair and rested his head on Aleksei's.

"I'm here." Theo whispered slowly and the demon just hugged him even tighter.